Trusted Contributor

@Jinlei  .... I do not agree with your statement but you are allowed your opinion. At least his shirts are not so tight at the neck that he looks like he could choke to death like one of the other host.

Honored Contributor

@kelshar wrote:

I knew right away the OP meant flip flops but I knew there would be some who would think the underwear LOL! 

When I was a kid, they were called thongs. Then when by the time I hit my early 20s, thongs were something entirely different. Now I wonder what people called thong underwear 30 or 40 years ago.

Did people even wear thong underwear 30 or 40 years ago?

Honored Contributor

@AuntG wrote:

We called them clod-hoppers. I have no idea why. In gym class, we called them thongs. Now they are flip-flops. I'd suggest he only wear them if the TSV were available in men's sizing.

@AuntG Clod-hoppers are a totally different animal altogether in my vocabulary.  I have never heard flip-flops (which is actually the term I would normally use) called clod-hoppers.  The main reason I called them thongs was because that was the term used for the TSV.  Clod-hoppers in my vocabulary is more like short boots or work boots, never dressy boots.

Respected Contributor

One time I was speaking to my teenager about shoes that I call thongs and she said MOT-THER those are flip flops. OK-Boomer I get it. 

Esteemed Contributor

@Icegoddess wrote:

@kelshar wrote:

I knew right away the OP meant flip flops but I knew there would be some who would think the underwear LOL! 

When I was a kid, they were called thongs. Then when by the time I hit my early 20s, thongs were something entirely different. Now I wonder what people called thong underwear 30 or 40 years ago.

Did people even wear thong underwear 30 or 40 years ago?

Yes, I sure do remember it.  AKA butt floss.

Esteemed Contributor

I thought the same thing! Lol!

I  thought, "Alberti is wearing a G-string?!" Lol!

I'm sure that he could rock one, but it's good to know that the o/ p meant flip-flops! Lol!

The Sky looks different when you have someone you love up there.
Respected Contributor

Re: Alberti in thongs?

[ Edited ]

You made me look, OP!

Honored Contributor

OH HEAVENS!  I remember when someone on these boards typed "Bob (Bowersox) in the kitchen cooking with his thongs."  

Well, she was trying to say TONGS, but boy did that get a lot of great comments!  

Bob---in this thong!  Woman Embarassed

Esteemed Contributor

@Sooner wrote:

OH HEAVENS!  I remember when someone on these boards typed "Bob (Bowersox) in the kitchen cooking with his thongs."  

Well, she was trying to say TONGS, but boy did that get a lot of great comments!  

Bob---in this thong!  Woman Embarassed

Bob's in the kitchen with his thongs?!?!  I bet that was a funny thread! I can't let my mind go there. 😂

Respected Contributor

I caught him briefly.  The white jacket.  The thick-rimmed glasses.  Didhn't notice the shoes.

Looked absurd.  What a picture.  What a package.