Honored Contributor

Re: Alberti and Jim Shore :-)

On 8/14/2014 TR_QVC_Addict said: He is a great host! Not sure if folks are aware, but he is also a great singer. If you look up the video for Shkruaj ne emailin tim (Albanian I think?) you can take a listen. He has a very soothing voice.

Yes, he has a wonderful singing voice. I believe his parents moved to the USA from Albania.

It's great to see more posters welcoming him to the Q. It appears (from the shows and from taking a quick look at this Facebook page) he's becoming a favorite of many viewers.

{#emotions_dlg.thumbup1}

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Trusted Contributor

I happened to catch a late night/early morning show with them when I could not sleep. I felt completely the opposite. Alberti was respectful (yay!) but did not seem sincere at all. But then I'm not a fan of the Jim Shore shows. Not my thing.
Respected Contributor

On 8/13/2014 blueroses47 said:

Alberti has such a genuine niceness to him, at least it seems genuine to me.

Right from the start, I noticed that the other hosts and all the vendors who worked with him seemed to like him so much.

He just seems sweet.

I think for a relatively new host, he's doing extremely well. I enjoy his presentations.

I agree. I was hesitant at 1st about him. Of course, he was new & seemed slightly uncomfortable. He is turning into a wonderful host....very knowledgable about the products, very professional, gives excellent details. He is much better than some of the "seasoned" hosts.

I caught part of the Jim Shore show. I am not a fan of his products, but when I saw Alberti, I just wanted to see how he did with Jim. I thought they worked together great!

Esteemed Contributor

I missed this show but every show I've seen him host (from beauty, fashion to kitchen goods) I've enjoyed his shows. He's a good host and does a great job! He's a breath of fresh air.
Honored Contributor

He's a natural and very, very good, as well as pleasant to watch.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Contributor

I'm sorry that I missed it! Alberti's presentations seem real calm and pleasant. Jim Shore is a pleasure to listen to, also. I was to a Jim Shore signing at Walt Disney World a few years ago, and was impressed when I spoke with him. I had gotten several of his Disney pieces then, and he autographed each one!

{#emotions_dlg.biggrin}

Valued Contributor

Lucky you, Wendy! I bet it was fun to meet him and then to have your pieces signed is wonderful! I like many of his figurines, esp. for the holidays. I was really tempted to get the T-day/Fall basket that was on this showSmile It was great!.... and now that I am thinking of it again, I am going to take another peek...

Valued Contributor

Alberti is the only host that I can truly count on to give me the dimensions and other details that I need to make up my mind if that product will work for me. There is nothing as frustrating as a presentation (like handbags) where all they ever talk about is "the colors." I've been impressed that Alberti can handle women's fashion, handbags, jewelry, household cleaning, cooking, whatever and still make the presentation seem interesting and he doesn't interrupt the vendor over and over, like most hosts do. Thank goodness he doesn't talk about himself or tell ridiculous stories to sell the item. Long-time hosts should take lessons from him, IMO.

Frequent Contributor

I like Alberti very much and I saw him with Jim Shore the other day and could tell Jim Shore really liked him and working with him. I have not heard anything negative about him. I also hope he can move more into daytime shows. I wonder what he did before he came to QVC.

Super Contributor

I agree, it was a very good show! Alberti showed Jim Shore the respect he deserves. A class act for Alberti!! {#emotions_dlg.thumbup}