Honored Contributor

Re: Alberti and Friday Night beauty- why is he not going to be on?

[ Edited ]

@HappyDaze wrote:

@stevieb wrote:

@GinaV24 wrote:
I likeAlberti as a host but I seldom ever turn toQPlus since reruns of regular TV don't interest me, let alone shopping channel re-runs in particular when they spend so much time showing the same stuff over and over.

Seriously, why relegate him to Q Plus...  So many people don't even get it... WHAT is WRONG with the people supposedly running this place... Into the ground, most likely... 

@stevieb lol yeah I was looking through my channels and I don't think I get it. So it is like a lesser QVC channel? If so, wth?? Alberti deserves better than that.

@HappyDaze I get it but had to look to even see what channel number it is. Then, when I looked at what they offer, it's mostly reruns... Really... Reruns of shopping presentations... Of items they over-expose in the first place. Like I'm going to tune in on the off chance there's something actually new and different... I don't think so. Yes, he deserves better. Frankly, most of them do. You have to wonder if this is another of their experiments like 'togather' that went bye-bye pretty quickly. I become more and more convinced the inmates really are in charge of the asylum.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

@stevieb does the qvc+ channel program guide even indicate if it is a rerun? If not, it really should. I would not watch through it in the hopes something new appears. LOL and I forgot about "togather"- yeah what a bust, eh?

Honored Contributor

@HappyDaze wrote:

@stevieb does the qvc+ channel program guide even indicate if it is a rerun? If not, it really should. I would not watch through it in the hopes something new appears. LOL and I forgot about "togather"- yeah what a bust, eh?

No @HappyDaze it doesn't... When you go to the program guide, you can select QVC or QVC Plus, but it doesn't indicate what's a repeat. Not sure if it indicates original programming as I didn't see any... Which says a lot too... Yea, they paid big money, I think, to import 'Togather' and it went exactly nowhere... Heck 'original' or not, almost everything here anymore is a repeat... 

Woman Surprised

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Speaking of QPlus reruns...I've watched some shows and the host reported items or color selections have sold out.  Since they are reruns, it's weird that they would show presentations of items that are no longer available.  Seems like they would edit that out, or maybe there were a lot of returns or cancellations?  Those shows were previously recorded, so I know they weren't live episodes.

Honored Contributor

I saw Alberti this morning during the 4am to 6am (EST) "Designer Fashion Clearance" show as I was getting ready for work.  I cannot remember Alberti doing fashion shows before (maybe I've just missed him), so this may be the start of QVC utilizing his skills on a broader scope -- thank goodness!  As always, during his show Alberti was warm, funny, knowledgeable and there were no flashy "look at me" antics going on.  The Liz Claiborne rep was with him during one segment, but for the most part, he showed all the other designer's clothes alone.  A great hosting job! 

Respected Contributor

@Caaareful Shopper wrote:

I saw Alberti this morning during the 4am to 6am (EST) "Designer Fashion Clearance" show as I was getting ready for work.  I cannot remember Alberti doing fashion shows before (maybe I've just missed him), so this may be the start of QVC utilizing his skills on a broader scope -- thank goodness!  As always, during his show Alberti was warm, funny, knowledgeable and there were no flashy "look at me" antics going on.  The Liz Claiborne rep was with him during one segment, but for the most part, he showed all the other designer's clothes alone.  A great hosting job! 

Great post @Caaareful Shopper!

Alberti has become one the best Q hosts

imho!

😊👍😊

••• Please adopt don't shop ••• Save a life adopt a pet •••
Esteemed Contributor

I agree with that. I woke up early and saw that he was doing the show and watched some of it before I had to get up to go to work. Alberti does a great job, no craziness, doesn't make weird noises (whistling, blowing noisemakers etc) that are really annoying IMO when it is the early a.m. hours.
Honored Contributor

I have TimeWarner Cable here in Ohio and we get both QPlus and HSN2.  QPlus has some live programs and some reruns.  Most of what I see as I flip past is a rerun.  There is an indication on the top of the screen that the program you are watching was previously recorded.  Generally it seems if ITKWD is on regular QVC from noon to 3, it will start on QPlus at 3 and air until 6.  QPlus is like a program behind QVC if that makes sense. 

HSN2 is very different.  They don't run programs in full, but just at a different time.  They show a mish-mash of presentations.  So in a one hour program on HSN2, you might see 3, 4 or more different hosts selling various products.  They show nothing live.        

Honored Contributor

@Bird mama wrote:

I copied this off of Sandra Bennett's facebook page:

Stephanie Christie So where are you going Alberti? Will miss you on Friday nights

Remove
Alberti Popaj QVC
Remove
Alberti Popaj QVC Hi Stephanie! Ill just be doing some other shows on QPlus and at different times. More news to come on my FB page wink emoticon

@Bird mama, thanks so much for sharing this information because I've been disappointed at not seeing Alberti on many QVC shows recently. -- That said, he has been appearing on more QVC Plus shows recently.

@HappyDaze and @Drythe, since Alberti has been receiving so much positive feedback on the QVC forums, maybe QVC has realized his worth and is trying to groom him for QVC primetime. 

Giving Alberti his own shows on QVC Plus is an excellent way for his to test his wings and give him his own shows (as opposed to being included as a part of another QVC's hosts shows). 

Of course, what I really want is for Alberti to host Chaz's Wen shows. Smiley Wink

-- bebe Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@stevieb wrote:

@HappyDaze wrote:

No @HappyDaze it doesn't... When you go to the program guide, you can select QVC or QVC Plus, but it doesn't indicate what's a repeat. Not sure if it indicates original programming as I didn't see any... Which says a lot too... Yea, they paid big money, I think, to import 'Togather' and it went exactly nowhere... Heck 'original' or not, almost everything here anymore is a repeat... 

Woman Surprised

@HappyDaze, I'm fortunate in that I have QVC and QVC Plus right next to each other in my DRV programming guide. 

Generally speaking, if a QVC show listing approach on QVC Plus three hours later, it's almost always a repeat of that show. This is really useful if somehow I forgot to DVR a particular QVC show and notice this within a few hours... lol, or if I want to rewatch one of Chaz's shows (most of them are on QVC Plus three hours after the original show airs). 

QVC Plus has been doing more original programming over the past few months. I don't know what's behind this move, I guess QVC is just trying to figure out what is going to work best. They seem to have hired some new QVC Plus hosts (or maybe they're just trying them out) and sometimes a regular QVC host will appear on QVC Plus. 

I've DVRed some early am QVC Plus shows in the past few month and, to my surprise and delight, Alberti has been the host for a number of these shows. As I mentioned in my previous post, hopefully this means that by letting Alberti host QVC Plus shows that they're getting him ready for QVC primetime. Smiley Happy

-- bebe Smiley Happy