Respected Contributor

Re: Alberti and Friday Night beauty- why is he not going to be on?

Sometimes Q-Plus has better programming than the regular channel.  It's not all re-runs, but re-runs are ok with me since I don't watch all the time.  Hey, I think Alberti is a pretty good host, but seriously, shouldn't he move on from a woman's beauty product show?  Good grief.  I had to tune him out one time when he mentioned wearing a woman's perfume.  That's just wrong.  LOL

QVC Social Team

Honored Contributor

Alberti has such good taste, is always informed about the products, and brings out the best in the vendors.

I think Q is really under utilizing his talents.  

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Honored Contributor

Okay well I will have to check out this Qplus. I only watch beauty shows so hopefully he will do some on that channel. Do they ever do beauty shows on that channel??

As for the poster who thinks he shouldn't do beauty shows, I completely disagree. He is great on them and one of the few I actually enjoy watching. He asks appropriate questions, lets the vendors talk, and isn't over the top. Plus, since he doesn't really wear makeup, we don't have to hear him yapping on and on about he loves this product and that and wears it all the time, etc.. and saying that for each and every brand and product he presents. It is a refreshing change and I know many of us enjoy him on the beauty shows.

Respected Contributor

@MomCat wrote:

Sometimes Q-Plus has better programming than the regular channel.  It's not all re-runs, but re-runs are ok with me since I don't watch all the time.  Hey, I think Alberti is a pretty good host, but seriously, shouldn't he move on from a woman's beauty product show?  Good grief.  I had to tune him out one time when he mentioned wearing a woman's perfume.  That's just wrong.  LOL

Sometimes women like men's colognes too,

its just a scent after all lol!

😊

••• Please adopt don't shop ••• Save a life adopt a pet •••
Respected Contributor

@HappyDaze wrote:

Okay well I will have to check out this Qplus. I only watch beauty shows so hopefully he will do some on that channel. Do they ever do beauty shows on that channel??

As for the poster who thinks he shouldn't do beauty shows, I completely disagree. He is great on them and one of the few I actually enjoy watching. He asks appropriate questions, lets the vendors talk, and isn't over the top. Plus, since he doesn't really wear makeup, we don't have to hear him yapping on and on about he loves this product and that and wears it all the time, etc.. and saying that for each and every brand and product he presents. It is a refreshing change and I know many of us enjoy him on the beauty shows.

Great post @HappyDaze!

😊

••• Please adopt don't shop ••• Save a life adopt a pet •••
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

They've not made good use of Alberti since Lisa left. It's high time they gave him better exposure. I'm sick to death of flipping past and seeing the same three or four hosts all the time. I don't even much care for most of them. QVC needs to open the windows and get rid of the stale air... Making more use of him might at least be a start... And then, there are the products...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

@newziesuzie lol, thanks! Smiley Wink

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@GinaV24 wrote:
I like Alberti as a host but I seldom ever turn to QPlus since reruns of regular TV don't interest me, let alone shopping channel re-runs in particular when they spend so much time showing the same stuff over and over.

Seriously, why relegate him to Q Plus...  So many people don't even get it... WHAT is WRONG with the people supposedly running this place... Into the ground, most likely... 

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

@stevieb wrote:

@GinaV24 wrote:
I like Alberti as a host but I seldom ever turn to QPlus since reruns of regular TV don't interest me, let alone shopping channel re-runs in particular when they spend so much time showing the same stuff over and over.

Seriously, why relegate him to Q Plus...  So many people don't even get it... WHAT is WRONG with the people supposedly running this place... Into the ground, most likely... 

@stevieb lol yeah I was looking through my channels and I don't think I get it. So it is like a lesser QVC channel? If so, wth?? Alberti deserves better than that.