Honored Contributor

Re: Alberti and Friday Night beauty- why is he not going to be on?

He's already ready for prime time and the more I think about this the more ticked off I get... Every time I flash by QVC, and these days that's pretty much all I'm doing, I see the same handful of hosts. Come on, what IS the problem...?

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Respected Contributor

I don't think he needs any grooming by QVC. He's already great and definitely ready for prime time show hosting, all by his lonesome. 

Honored Contributor

I agree completely!!! I think Alberti is more than ready for QVC prime time. Smiley Happy

I was just giving a guess about QVC's mind set when I suggested that maybe they were giving him shows on QVC Plus as a way to be sure (in their mind) that he is ready for QVC primetime. 

-- bebe Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@bebe777 wrote:

@stevieb wrote:

@HappyDaze wrote:

@stevieb does the qvc+ channel program guide even indicate if it is a rerun? If not, it really should. I would not watch through it in the hopes something new appears. LOL and I forgot about "togather"- yeah what a bust, eh?

No @HappyDaze it doesn't... When you go to the program guide, you can select QVC or QVC Plus, but it doesn't indicate what's a repeat. Not sure if it indicates original programming as I didn't see any... Which says a lot too... Yea, they paid big money, I think, to import 'Togather' and it went exactly nowhere... Heck 'original' or not, almost everything here anymore is a repeat... 

Woman Surprised

@HappyDaze, I'm fortunate in that I have QVC and QVC Plus right next to each other in my DRV programming guide. 

Generally speaking, if a QVC show listing approach on QVC Plus three hours later, it's almost always a repeat of that show. This is really useful if somehow I forgot to DVR a particular QVC show and notice this within a few hours... lol, or if I want to rewatch one of Chaz's shows (most of them are on QVC Plus three hours after the original show airs). 

QVC Plus has been doing more original programming over the past few months. I don't know what's behind this move, I guess QVC is just trying to figure out what is going to work best. They seem to have hired some new QVC Plus hosts (or maybe they're just trying them out) and sometimes a regular QVC host will appear on QVC Plus. 

I've DVRed some early am QVC Plus shows in the past few month and, to my surprise and delight, Alberti has been the host for a number of these shows. As I mentioned in my previous post, hopefully this means that by letting Alberti host QVC Plus shows that they're getting him ready for QVC primetime. Smiley Happy

-- bebe Smiley Happy

I don't know where to find QVC Plus.  I don't see it listed on my cable schedule.  Is it on 24 hours?  Is it only on mobile devices?

Formerly Ford1224
We must always take sides. Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented. Elie Wiesel 1986
Valued Contributor

I haven't been watching QVC because every time I tune in, it seems like it is the same, boring format.  Alberti has what it takes to pull in viewers who are looking for something more.  I would like to see a combination show of things Alberti likes.  It could be clothing, things for the holidays, beauty.... just SPECIAL things.    Please break the (old) format and let us see someone we enjoy watching who is showing us NEW things!

"Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela
Honored Contributor

@LilacTree wrote:

@bebe777 wrote:

@stevieb wrote:

@HappyDaze wrote:

@stevieb does the qvc+ channel program guide even indicate if it is a rerun? If not, it really should. I would not watch through it in the hopes something new appears. LOL and I forgot about "togather"- yeah what a bust, eh?

No @HappyDaze it doesn't... When you go to the program guide, you can select QVC or QVC Plus, but it doesn't indicate what's a repeat. Not sure if it indicates original programming as I didn't see any... Which says a lot too... Yea, they paid big money, I think, to import 'Togather' and it went exactly nowhere... Heck 'original' or not, almost everything here anymore is a repeat... 

Woman Surprised

@HappyDaze, I'm fortunate in that I have QVC and QVC Plus right next to each other in my DRV programming guide. 

Generally speaking, if a QVC show listing approach on QVC Plus three hours later, it's almost always a repeat of that show. This is really useful if somehow I forgot to DVR a particular QVC show and notice this within a few hours... lol, or if I want to rewatch one of Chaz's shows (most of them are on QVC Plus three hours after the original show airs). 

QVC Plus has been doing more original programming over the past few months. I don't know what's behind this move, I guess QVC is just trying to figure out what is going to work best. They seem to have hired some new QVC Plus hosts (or maybe they're just trying them out) and sometimes a regular QVC host will appear on QVC Plus. 

I've DVRed some early am QVC Plus shows in the past few month and, to my surprise and delight, Alberti has been the host for a number of these shows. As I mentioned in my previous post, hopefully this means that by letting Alberti host QVC Plus shows that they're getting him ready for QVC primetime. Smiley Happy

-- bebe Smiley Happy

I don't know where to find QVC Plus.  I don't see it listed on my cable schedule.  Is it on 24 hours?  Is it only on mobile devices?

@LilacTree, it's a separate cable TV channel (similar to HSN2... if you get HSN2). 

Not every cable company carries QVC Plus, so you would need to contact your cable company and ask them if they include it in their lineup.

You can watch QVC Plus (as well as QVC) on you computer though. just click on this  Shop QVC TV link (which you can also find in the top right hand corner of this page among the menu options). Then choose the Watch QVC TV option. Once you are on that page, then choose the QVC Plus option which is at the top of the page.

-- bebe Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

Thanks bebe777 !!  I will try that.

Formerly Ford1224
We must always take sides. Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented. Elie Wiesel 1986
Honored Contributor

@rrpell wrote:

I haven't been watching QVC because every time I tune in, it seems like it is the same, boring format.  Alberti has what it takes to pull in viewers who are looking for something more.  I would like to see a combination show of things Alberti likes.  It could be clothing, things for the holidays, beauty.... just SPECIAL things.    Please break the (old) format and let us see someone we enjoy watching who is showing us NEW things!

I agree. Enough of this mentality that every day of every week has to look just alike and more than enough of these 'dedicated' host shows... And, I'd note, WAY more than enough of them thinking that all home decor shows have to feature Jill, for heaven's sake. I might actually watch, and buy, if Alberti was doing some of them.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...