Respected Contributor

Re: Alberti & Gourmet food show at his home

@IamDoodles wrote:

@Caaareful Shopper wrote:

Actually, I was very much looking forward to the show from Alberti's home (yes, it was his home).  He is a fabulous decorator, and QVC has come into his home before when he showed his Christmas decorating.  He has also done his own videos on his social media pages decorating for Easter, and the 4th of July.  I love his style.

I was disappointed that most of the show was Rachel in the QVC studio.  I hope the next Gourmet Food with Alberti can really be more of Alberti from his home.

In the past he has stated that he does not do his own decorating.  Don't know if that is still the case.  Just sayin.

Alberti has stated he does decorate @IamDoodles . The problem is his tastes are 100 percent polar opposite of mine. He was on with Valerie once and stated he had several pieces of mercury glass... ughh!!  I perfer the country rustic look in the kitchen.  His countertops also appear to be white quartz which I find cold and unappealing.

Trusted Contributor

I found this show ridiculous.   Seeing a host chewing food does NOT appeal to me and does not make me want to buy the food.   

If this was an excuse to have a host eat the food on camera, why have the second host there?   Makes absolutely no sense at all.   One host (eating or not) and the vendor is more than enough for a presentation.  

It seemed more of an attention grabbing device for Alberti.  After all, at times he was not eating and other times he was just showcasing his dogs.  What do they have to do with people food?   Again, it's not about the product-----it's all about Alberti!

If this gimic works, then OTHER hosts should be able to eat / host at home.   

Honored Contributor

@bigtraps wrote:

He would say it's his home for the same reason he says he owns everything he is presenting.  You can't believe most of the things these hosts say.

It was his home.  I don't know why you would keep arguing about it when several of us have told you it was his house.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Honored Contributor

@Reever wrote:

@IamDoodles wrote:

@Caaareful Shopper wrote:

Actually, I was very much looking forward to the show from Alberti's home (yes, it was his home).  He is a fabulous decorator, and QVC has come into his home before when he showed his Christmas decorating.  He has also done his own videos on his social media pages decorating for Easter, and the 4th of July.  I love his style.

I was disappointed that most of the show was Rachel in the QVC studio.  I hope the next Gourmet Food with Alberti can really be more of Alberti from his home.

In the past he has stated that he does not do his own decorating.  Don't know if that is still the case.  Just sayin.

Alberti has stated he does decorate @IamDoodles . The problem is his tastes are 100 percent polar opposite of mine. He was on with Valerie once and stated he had several pieces of mercury glass... ughh!!  I perfer the country rustic look in the kitchen.  His countertops also appear to be white quartz which I find cold and unappealing.

That is solely a you problem, @Reever. We all have different tastes.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

When I tuned in and found Rachel and Alberti together again with a different touch in food, turned off, cannot stand the unpleasant childishness and behavior of either host together or separate....

Esteemed Contributor

@ScarletDove wrote:

When I tuned in and found Rachel and Alberti together again with a different touch in food, turned off, cannot stand the unpleasant childishness and behavior of either host together or separate....

@ScarletDove   100% with you on that!!

Respected Contributor

@Patriot3 wrote:

@ScarletDove wrote:

I dont get it... they mandate social distancing but DOGS are allowed around the food?  In my opinion it was self-serving promotion.  

Honored Contributor

@Reever wrote:

@Patriot3 wrote:

@ScarletDove wrote:

I dont get it... they mandate social distancing but DOGS are allowed around the food?  In my opinion it was self-serving promotion.  

@Reever   Oh my gosh.  Are you talking about Alberti's dogs?  People's pets are in their home if they're good pet owners.  They're around your food.  Do you dislike pets, too, @Reever ?  I love seeing that people have pets when we get a glimpse into their lives.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Respected Contributor

@Reever wrote:

@Patriot3 wrote:

@ScarletDove wrote:

@Reever   love it, you, just gave me the laugh of the day...

Regular Contributor

The whole QVC company is built on metrics. The metrics are tell the upper brass that some of these hosts must start eating. Companies that sell food pay good money and will demand that David start munching again. QVC will soon stop this no eating nonsense.