Contributor

Re: Alberti & Gourmet food show at his home

@bigtraps wrote:

He would say it's his home for the same reason he says he owns everything he is presenting.  You can't believe most of the things these hosts say.

I believe that was his home, but you are 100% correct when it comes to these hosts saying they own everything. Quoting "my gosh" from JT who uses that term in almost every sentence there is no way they can own or order every product that is presented. 

Honored Contributor

Actually, I was very much looking forward to the show from Alberti's home (yes, it was his home).  He is a fabulous decorator, and QVC has come into his home before when he showed his Christmas decorating.  He has also done his own videos on his social media pages decorating for Easter, and the 4th of July.  I love his style.

I was disappointed that most of the show was Rachel in the QVC studio.  I hope the next Gourmet Food with Alberti can really be more of Alberti from his home.

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

@societylady wrote:

@bigtraps wrote:

He would say it's his home for the same reason he says he owns everything he is presenting.  You can't believe most of the things these hosts say.

I believe that was his home, but you are 100% correct when it comes to these hosts saying they own everything. Quoting "my gosh" from JT who uses that term in almost every sentence there is no way they can own or order every product that is presented. 

They get free samples of a lot of the stuff.

~Life is short. Eat well. Because you may die tomorrow.~

Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@EatWell wrote:

@societylady wrote:

@bigtraps wrote:

---------------------

I agree  They are constantly stating - that when they tasted the "whatever" last night/week - they could not stop eating it!!  Or I ate 'whatever' hot/cold with 'whatever". 

I just find it hard to believe that everything they eat is wonderful/delicious!!  I do order from the Q because certain products are unusual and not easily found around here.  But... everything not was delicious nor wonderful!!

RE:  Alberti....why does he always have to be paired up with Rachel for food shows???  There are Q hosts who could work with him.  I have seen him with other hosts and he was much calmer and more focused!!  Or he works well alone. Rachel (and Kirsten) just fire him up and the show becomes too difficult to watch!

Respected Contributor

@corita wrote:

@spiderw wrote:

When they are on the food shows I say time to change the channel.  My choice.

-------------

Me too!!  I was actually looking forward to seeing Alberti - alone - at his house. 

When I saw Rachel, I immediately changed the channel.

@corita: So did I!!! LOL 

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]
@Diva on The Q wrote:

@corita wrote:

@spiderw wrote:

When they are on the food shows I say time to change the channel.  My choice.

-------------

Me too!!  I was actually looking forward to seeing Alberti - alone - at his house. 

When I saw Rachel, I immediately changed the channel.

@corita: So did I!!! LOL 

And besides turning off the TV, changing channels, one can always press the mute or CC button on TV’s remote.  

80E64C58-7839-440F-86ED-6660451A7434.jpeg

~Life is short. Eat well. Because you may die tomorrow.~

Respected Contributor

@corita wrote:

@EatWell wrote:

@societylady wrote:

@bigtraps wrote:

---------------------

I agree  They are constantly stating - that when they tasted the "whatever" last night/week - they could not stop eating it!!  Or I ate 'whatever' hot/cold with 'whatever". 

I just find it hard to believe that everything they eat is wonderful/delicious!!  I do order from the Q because certain products are unusual and not easily found around here.  But... everything not was delicious nor wonderful!!

RE:  Alberti....why does he always have to be paired up with Rachel for food shows???  There are Q hosts who could work with him.  I have seen him with other hosts and he was much calmer and more focused!!  Or he works well alone. Rachel (and Kirsten) just fire him up and the show becomes too difficult to watch!

"I just find it hard to believe that everything they eat is wonderful/delicious"

And what do you expect them to say?  That it tastes lousy and we really shouldn't order it??   Hello!  Thay are salespeople and that's their job---TO SELL!

Esteemed Contributor

@KKJ wrote:

@corita wrote:

@EatWell wrote:

@societylady wrote:

@bigtraps wrote:

---------------------

"I just find it hard to believe that everything they eat is wonderful/delicious"

And what do you expect them to say?  That it tastes lousy and we really shouldn't order it??   Hello!  Thay are salespeople and that's their job---TO SELL!

--------------

Duh...I know that they are there to sell....but just saying....my experience has been that some QVC food is NOT delicious and wonderful!!!  It just all comes across so phony!!

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@corita wrote:

@KKJ wrote:

@corita wrote:

@EatWell wrote:

@societylady wrote:

@bigtraps wrote:

---------------------

--------------

Duh...I know that they are there to sell....but just saying....my experience has been that some QVC food is NOT delicious and wonderful!!!  It just all comes across so phony!!

Meant to add --  they could just sell and not say anything about eating the food!! 

Really no reason to declare "All items are so delicious and I have eaten everything..."

Trusted Contributor

@Caaareful Shopper wrote:

Actually, I was very much looking forward to the show from Alberti's home (yes, it was his home).  He is a fabulous decorator, and QVC has come into his home before when he showed his Christmas decorating.  He has also done his own videos on his social media pages decorating for Easter, and the 4th of July.  I love his style.

I was disappointed that most of the show was Rachel in the QVC studio.  I hope the next Gourmet Food with Alberti can really be more of Alberti from his home.

In the past he has stated that he does not do his own decorating.  Don't know if that is still the case.  Just sayin.