Esteemed Contributor

Re: Alberti, a vendor and a thrid wheel (host) is what this looks like to me

[ Edited ]

Alberti doesn't need a social media host. He's professional and talented enough to carry his own shows. The social media host doesn't offer much to his shows. She is posing and glancing at herself in the monitors. That's an expensive hour of paying another host who doesn't add anything worthwhile to the content of sales. Facebook conversations could be eliminated; nothing of importance so far for that show. 

Money screams; wealth whispers.
Respected Contributor

@Kachina624The government gives people "busy work" when there are too many people.  Businesses usually get rid of people they don't need.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@BirkiLady wrote:

Alberti doesn't need a social media host. He's professional and talented enough to carry his own shows. The social media host doesn't offer much to his shows. She is posing and glancing at herself in the monitors. That's an expensive hour of paying another host who doesn't add anything worthwhile to the content of sales. Facebook conversations could be eliminated; nothing of importance so far for that show. 

@BirkiLady 

That's KZ for ya all about herself and am definitely NOT a fan.....and I dont think the social media host is really needed.....usually its nothing more than compliments for the host and the Facebook friends trying to get their few minutes of fame for themselves by being part of the host's "tribe".....not any real RELEVANT questions about the PRODUCT come out over Facebook..... I remember YHWJ and  it annoyed me that Jill wasted time saying hello to all her Facebook buddies instead of talking about the products.....Woman Frustrated

QVC thinks that having a social media host is a way to draw in the younger demographic....but I dont think its working that way....

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

@loriqvc wrote:

I like Katie McGee's "Comfortable Home" show on Friday nights—it has a relaxed yet fun and still informative vibe. As for the other show referenced in this thread, I'll just say that I've learned to completely avoid QVC and QVC2 on Mondays...

@loriqvc 

Katie is a good host and her talents seem to be wasted by QVC she's not utilized in prime time where she should be ..... instead she's stuck in late hours on Q2

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Trusted Contributor

@Spurt

I agree with you on both counts. The social media host is unnecessary. And Katie McGee is great, but the powers that be don't seem to realize it. I was watching a show the other day with Elise Ivy. She's great too! I think she & Katie were hired at the same time.
Honored Contributor

I seem to recall that Courtney Cason was hired as the first social host way back when and eventually transitioned into a regular show host.  

I personally don't participate in the social media stuff and find it unnecessary but that's just me.  The worst IMO is JTV. The host sits with her phone there and comments/replies to customers live on air but unless you are following along on FB, you have no idea what the host is talking about a lot of the time because she doesn't read the comment or question first, she just responds.

HSN has also taken to having 2 hosts for shows and it drives me batty.  Colleen Lopez does NOT need Debbie Denman co-hosting The List with her and especially doesn't need her sitting at the table to co-host her gem shows.  I'm sure Debbie is lovely but Colleen is very competent.     

Esteemed Contributor

@rms1954 wrote:

@happycat Not sure how much you watch QVC, but two hosts per show has been a common thing for quite some time.

I guess I have mainly watched when it was only one show host. Maybe because I watch the main channel when I do watch and I don't recall seeing an extra host. I don't watch QVC as much as I use to.

I am not crazy about social media host or whatever it is. I like the Christine Zell fine, I just don't like her sitting or standing back there, basically like a third wheel. Just my opinion.

Esteemed Contributor

@Spurt wrote:

@BirkiLady wrote:

@BirkiLady 

That's KZ for ya all about herself and am definitely NOT a fan.....and I dont think the social media host is really needed.....usually its nothing more than compliments for the host and the Facebook friends trying to get their few minutes of fame for themselves by being part of the host's "tribe".....not any real RELEVANT questions about the PRODUCT come out over Facebook..... I remember YHWJ and  it annoyed me that Jill wasted time saying hello to all her Facebook buddies instead of talking about the products.....Woman Frustrated

QVC thinks that having a social media host is a way to draw in the younger demographic....but I dont think its working that way....

-----------------

@BirkiLady @Spurt 

I really think a social media host is so unnecessary.  But there are some better at the job than KZ.  Allie, on David's show, does not interrupt nor watch herself on the monitor.

And QVC would have to get the younger group to even watch the channel before any social media host could entice them to contact the show host!!!  

Trusted Contributor

I wish Alberti would not shout on those Holiday Gourmet shows. He was blabbing on about a stupid pork roast so loud I thought he was going to faint. Then there is Rachel with that stupid slang term: just P. S.ing by the way.....dumb! Turned the channel off on both of them.