Honored Contributor

Re: Alberti - A Calming Affect

He doesn''t give off a calming affect IMO.  He's a good fit on the beauty channel.

Valued Contributor

@suzyQ3 wrote:

@Reever wrote:

A nice enough man but he's no Dan Hughes. Dan is rugged. He's the only true man on QVC in my opinion.

@Reever, your idea of a "true" man just may not jibe with others' idea, including mine.

Regardless, I find it insulting that you would say that all the other male hosts are not true men. It is a very sexist comment

I so agree. Every male host is a true man. It is a very sexist comment and very uncalled for.

bamasec

Respected Contributor

Didn't mean to disrespect Alberti. I like him but he's no Dan Hughes. Dan works with his hands, in barns , on a farm. I like Alberti and didn't mean to disrespect him by comparing him to Dan. Ive been following Dans career for decades. He strikes me as someone who doesn't tow the company line.

Honored Contributor

@Reever wrote:

Didn't mean to disrespect Alberti. I like him but he's no Dan Hughes. Dan works with his hands, in barns , on a farm. I like Alberti and didn't mean to disrespect him by comparing him to Dan. Ive been following Dans career for decades. He strikes me as someone who doesn't tow the company line.

@Reever.  Not sure what you mean about Dan and the company line. But...if he didn't tow it, he wouldn't still be there.

Respected Contributor

@proudlyfromNJ wrote:

@Reever wrote:

@Reever.  Not sure what you mean about Dan and the company line. But...if he didn't tow it, he wouldn't still be there.

Ive heard Dan make some snarky comments over the years about products. Of course no one holds a candle to Steve Bryant who would regularly let his opinions be known. Boy I sure miss the good old days at the Q.

Valued Contributor

@Reever

Steve Bryant was a hoot. To say the least.

Either that or it doesn't take much to entertain me.

Contributor

I'd really enjoy seeing Alberti more often and in a decorating format even more.  I hope he has a blog to show off his home and how it's decorated for the Holidays. He is a very warm and friendly host.

Trusted Contributor

Yes,I also enjoy watching him,very calming an nice. truly think some of the hosts think we enjoy all the nonsence that sometime goes on. with them trying to sell.Shawn thinks we all want to listen to her,instead she should just sell the item.She makes me turn the channel.