Respected Contributor

Re: Albany's leaving..........

Hope she has a happy and successful future.  I thought she did a good job hosting - She was fun, but informative, too.

Honored Contributor

I for one liked Albany.  She was 'real' and I appreciated her humor.  I wish her the best in future endeavors.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Regular Contributor

@JONNYSBRO wrote:

Albany is best friends with LR. She probably convinced her to leave that sinking ship. Maybe Lisa will hire her to be part of LR. Makes complete total sense. Considering LR is killing it in her new biz everything is selling out

LR has a very low inventory of items; she carries just enough to ensue that they sell out and she's not stuck with unsold merchandise. That doesn't mean that she is "killing it in her new biz", merely that she is being very cautious. I don't think that she's generating enough income for a third employee, re hiring Albany. And she's not going to give Albany camera face time, because that's her role in her business.

Sounds to me simply like Albany's contract didn't get renewed, so she's using the tried-and-true "more time with the family" reason. As to why the Q wouldn't keep her, there's a number of reasons. She may have known how to explain the products, but her behavior with the OAP was unprofessional many times and not fun to watch, IMO. That might have been a contributing factor. Her sales figures might have been too low. Maybe she deliberately wasn't available if the Q needed her for extra hours. Who really knows?

I wish her well, but I won't especially miss her.

Honored Contributor

@Gram W That was my point exactly: watching the bottom line! Whoever has to go, hosts, models, even vendors who aren't bringing in big bucks. I don't think they're factoring in the customers' level of boredom w/ programming, etc. They're fighting a losing battle. The more changes they're making, the less we are all watching. I go back to my other suggestion posted here: go to an Amazon-like online only site. That post was met w/ concern for lost jobs, etc. Seems to me, layoffs have already occurred w/ probably many more to come from behind the scenes employees to on air hosts. Who will be next? 

Trusted Contributor

No it has to due with very overpriced items, a loss of family kind of biz QVC used to be, lack of exciting product or host. U know when a company gets too big and corporate they lose the elements that made them special. I miss the old QVC the new one is just blah and none of the new hosts have made any real impression.
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Although I chose not to watch shows hosted by Albany, she seemed a pleasant person.  I do wish her well and much success.   

I don't see QVC as the mean ole corporate monster, just as I don't see Albany as having committed some atrocious behavior that got her fired.  We only know what she has stated thus far.

I also don't think the Q has changed just because Lisa is gone.  I think executive management decisions and industry financial climate would have impacted QVC anyway.  Lisa is certainly not their savior nor the reason for their doom. She would just be one more part of the maddening crowd of carnival barker hosts, and stale product line-ups.  She sold her fair share of mattresses and Dysons.  I think sometimes we tend to remember things much rosier than they ever were.

Frequent Contributor

Sad to see Albany leave. I think her new life as a single parent is probably difficult. That said, viewers don't know, or should, what goes on behind the scenes. 

What ever the reason for her departure, she will do just fine. She's talented and appears willing to take on new challenges. She will go far. I'm rooting for her. 

Esteemed Contributor

Wow, I am sorry to read this!  I really like Albany.  She does have a family and maybe she does want more time with them.  I wish her the best!   It seems like December is the month we lose hosts.  :0(

Honored Contributor

@LUV 2 SHOP wrote:

Sad to see Albany leave. I think her new life as a single parent is probably difficult. That said, viewers don't know, or should, what goes on behind the scenes. 

What ever the reason for her departure, she will do just fine. She's talented and appears willing to take on new challenges. She will go far. I'm rooting for her. 

I didn't know this little tidbit. I must have missed it on the boards.

Trusted Contributor

QVC should steal Mindy Grossman from HSN. Mindy tranaformed HSN in 10 years as CEO.