Honored Contributor

Re: Albany's leaving..........

I am  sheding no tears hearing this news. 

Respected Contributor

@bri20....I predict you are right! I think QVC is on a downward spiral. There are too many complaints here & on their Facebook page. Complaints about hosts are endless. I know, I am watching & ordering less, due to lack of quality & unwatchable hosts.

Honored Contributor

I don't watch the Q but I do channel surf to see what's on air. I have not seen Albany in a long time & thought she was already gone. I wish her well but no big loss IMO.

Trusted Contributor

@Caaareful Shopper, thank you for copying Albany's post from FB ... I don't go there.

I, also, wish her the best.

Trusted Contributor

• @Zita. What host has someone here not complained about their behavior, choice of attire, choice of words, etc.  Read the constant comments about hosts and vendors talking over each other and the opinions of which of them is to blame.  We all favor different personalities.  I have a couple of hosts who I am sure are nice people but their mannerisms I can not stand to watch or listen to.  I turn the channel.   I no longer watch QVC much but I do like Albany.  She knows how to make sure I get all of the information I need right up front to make a purchase.  Lack of information and a demonstration/tour of the product is a regular complaint made about many hosts presentations.  Maybe QVC is "encouraging" long time employees to leave so they can hire new hosts at the bottom of the pay scale to save big bucks.  Why are they hiring so many new models and we see our long time favorites less and less.   New with no or little experience are a lot cheaper.   This practice is common in many companies.  I wonder who else will leave in 2017.   Some of my long time favorite hosts seem to have less air time and no longer have a regular show.
Honored Contributor

When is she leaving?  Just like that?  She wasn't my favorite, but I thought she did a good job.  I didn't notice her talking over Vendors (my pet peeve).  I thought she was informative, although at times I felt like maybe she talked a little too 'down home' but I liked her.

I can see where it would be difficult to raise 3 (I thought she had 4) children and do a job that has various hours.  For awhile there QVC had her traveling (it seemed to me) quite a bit, another difficult thing when you have children.

Look, people, perhaps she was offered another job in something with steady hours, perhaps more pay, maybe the Q is going in a direction she didn't want to be part of.  Then again maybe she just got tired of trying to tell us every few minutes why we had to buy a battery, Dyson, mattress, etc.  We've been talking about how stupid it is that these items are offered every few minutes over and over.  I'd go crazy too!

I sure wish her well.  Hopefully she'll pop up somewhere else on TV.  She seems to have a lovely family and values her children and home life.  That's a plus for me any day!

Honored Contributor

@mzlg wrote:

@Caaareful Shopper, thank you for copying Albany's post from FB ... I don't go there.

I do too.  It seems whenever I turn to Q I see Jane.  She has a lot shows.  I don't see Antoinella, I saw Pat yesterday but I did not see Jayne who usually hosts with her.  I can't remember the last time I turned and saw Alberti.  Q does seem to be changing.  But I have thought this since Lisa R left.  Please no negative comments.  This is just my observation.  Albany may really want to spend more time with her family. 

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

@CANDLEQUEEN, you are so right about Albany and the fitness shows ... I only watched a "snippet" of any of her presentations and she was definitely the 'Zumba Queen'.

Albany is/was great with the Tech shows too, she knows her 'stuff'.

I wish her the best.

Honored Contributor

@sunshine 919 wrote:

@mzlg wrote:

I do too.  It seems whenever I turn to Q I see Jane.  She has a lot shows.  I don't see Antoinella, I saw Pat yesterday but I did not see Jayne who usually hosts with her.  I can't remember the last time I turned and saw Alberti.  Q does seem to be changing.  But I have thought this since Lisa R left.  Please no negative comments.  This is just my observation.  Albany may really want to spend more time with her family. 

I saw Antoinella yesterday with Tova. Alberti has gone to to Beauty IQ channel. Yes, Jane has a lot of shows. 

Honored Contributor

I like Albany.  I imagine it's hard juggling teenagers and an irregular schedule.