QVC Social Team

Re: Albany's leaving..........

This post has been removed by QVC because it is unkind.

Thank you so much for posting Albany's message from Facebook- I had seen only part of it and wondered who it was- am so sorry to see her leave. She was the most fun to watch- I was wondering why I have missed her.  So sad that QVC wouldn't persuade her to stay somehow.

Honored Contributor

Since they're good friends and she's occasionally featured on Lisa's Facebook page, one wonders if Albany will turn up as part of Lisa's operation at some point...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Regular Contributor

Now she'll go into the Land of Forgotten Hosts along with ol' Bob Bowersox and Co.

Trusted Contributor

I found her shows with Gary from Denim & Co. hard to watch. She treated him like a child. It was painful to watch.

However, I do wish her the very best.

Honored Contributor

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

More hosts seem to be here one day and gone the next then not.  There haven't been all that many that I can think of who had any type of going away anything.  I remember Lisa R's party, Kathy Levine, Patti Reilly and Christa Pitts. 

Jonathan Redford was another host who all of a sudden was gone.  No mention of anything.  Add that to Bob, Steve, Dave K, Dave James, Sheila Johnson.   I believe Laurie Shore was all of a sudden gone and I don't remember a goodbye of any kind for Lena. 

They would hardly have had one for Bob, under the circumstances.

Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Honored Contributor

Albany has pretty much dropped out of any social media.  For awhile she was posting on Instgram but I was roaming social media yesterday and the last post from her was New Years Eve.

She started her own FB page but has not posted a thing to it.   

Super Contributor

I used to watch 24/7 really ..but somehow I have turned away from it for months now ,, I will turn the channel to it but hardly ever stay there the prices are so high now ., i was a denim & co fan and susan graver not anymore ,, I dont get it ,I guess I have lost interest 

Respected Contributor

@dperry wrote:

I found her shows with Gary from Denim & Co. hard to watch. She treated him like a child. It was painful to watch.

However, I do wish her the very best.

I never could enjoy that pairing either. You have expressed what I could not pinpoint accurately, at least for me. He seemed apprehensive of what could happen next rather than relaxed but enthusiastic as he is with Carolyn.

I think the hosts get a "honeymoon" period to get up to speed, but they better produce and garner a strong following pretty quickly. I am sure something just right will happen for her. She seems the "get up and go" type. 

Respected Contributor

Didn't Albany have four children?  Possibly the QVC schedule was tough for her and her family.