Occasional Contributor

Re: Albany's leaving..........

I'm surprised by that.  I wanted to watch when she was on.  Her personality was great.

Esteemed Contributor

I thought she was the worst host of the current crop.  She behaved more like a 12 year old than a grown woman.  NOt sorry to see her go.

Esteemed Contributor

Wow I had no idea. 

I wish Albany well.

I have watched Albany do infomercials in the past, and I think she did an excellent and very professional job with that kind of scripted work.   

Esteemed Contributor

There's no doubt in me that Albany will be successful in whatever she chooses to do. I wish her luck, good health and prosperity.

Esteemed Contributor

@febe1 wrote:

There's no doubt in me that Albany will be successful in whatever she chooses to do. I wish her luck, good health and prosperity.

@febe1, I hope Albany's future is bright, no matter the path it takes.

She seems (to me) to be a real go-getter.

Even though I don't watch any host or QVC much anymore, I always remember the time she joined Jill on air, when Jill had an uncontrollable coughing spell, and co-hosted with her until the show ended. She displayed what I felt was the perfect example of professionalism in a host, respectful of Jill's role and following her lead, while helping to give the viewer the important information, and never once making it about herself.  

Contributor

So very sorry to lean this, a fun presentation always...1 of my faves along with Jill, we will surely miss her.

QVC Customer Care

This post has been removed by QVC because unkind

Honored Contributor

@Luvtoshopathome wrote:

I love Alberti and Antonella and don't think they give them enough air time.  IMO, Jane is on way too much.  I just can't watch her, she's so full of herself.  Unfortunately she does the shoe shows and I love shoes so I watch as much as I can take.  I'm sorry but I don't think we always need to hear about her daughters, her sister and other family members bragging about all the places they go, .......Manhattan to the  theater, the ballet restaurants, vacations everything they did, etc. etc.  I'm sure many of the hosts go into Manhattan but I don't hear them talking about everywhere they go.  Maybe I find it so annoying because I live 5 minutes from Manhattan and I'm always there so it's part of my life and I'm sure a part of others lives.  I would just love to watch one show without all the bragging.

As as far as Amy goes, we'll probably Never know the real reason she's leaving.  I do know there were many complaints about her constant flirting with certain male vendors, at times being inappropriate and her always talking over vendors.  She is not a favorite of mine but whatever she does, I wish her well.

What happened to Amy?  I did not know she was gone.

Honored Contributor

@Spurt wrote:

@bri20 wrote:

@Miranda1550 wrote:

When a host leaves there is always plenty of notice.  Have 

watched forever,   never has one left so abruptly.  Something strange going on.

Bob Bowersox left abruptly.  I think Dave King did too.   They were here one day and gone the next.

@bri20

And so was host Dave James.....he talked about when his next show was but it never came to be....he was abruptly dismissed too .....I thought he was a very good host, not hyper and provided good info about the merchandise too...he was very classy....

https://homeshoppingista.wordpress.com/2013/06/08/classy-qvc-host-dave-james-is-gone-from-the-networ...

Dave knew more about jewelry than the QVC jewelry buyers.

Trusted Contributor

I am a Northener and I hate to see her go, one of the few hosts that seem sincere, honest, intelligent and real...enjoyed watching her shows.