Honored Contributor

Re: Albany's leaving..........

I retired early for personal reasons after 28 years. I specifically asked for a quiet departure, and no reception. Albany may have done the same. I am sure people wondered about me.
Contributor

Not shedding tears either. Did not care for her at all.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Sheilaray wrote:

The comments here and on Lisa's FB page about Lisa hiring Albany are hilarious! As if Lisa can afford to hire Albany. 😂😂😂. Lisa already admitted that her "chief of stuff" is not paid.

Right, like her life ambition would be to work for LR out of the basement.  I don't know the terms of her leaving but she has considerable assets and I am sure she will aim for more independence, flexibility and a good salary.  She has kids to support and working for her is not a little retail experiment or a lark.  

Esteemed Contributor

Beauty IQ is still showing Albany taped.

Contributor

Can't say that i'll miss her.  I always turned the channel when she was on.

Respected Contributor

@Stray wrote:

@Sheilaray wrote:

The comments here and on Lisa's FB page about Lisa hiring Albany are hilarious! As if Lisa can afford to hire Albany. 😂😂😂. Lisa already admitted that her "chief of stuff" is not paid.

Right, like her life ambition would be to work for LR out of the basement.  I don't know the terms of her leaving but she has considerable assets and I am sure she will aim for more independence, flexibility and a good salary.  She has kids to support and working for her is not a little retail experiment or a lark.  

That really made me laugh. 

Honored Contributor

Dave James' departure saddened me.  QVC still doesn't have enough male hosts and he was one of the best.

Respected Contributor

I never cared for Dave James.   I know many did though 

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@stevieb wrote:

@Spurt wrote:

@stevieb wrote:

@bri20 wrote:

I predict several hosts will be leaving.  I just don't think QVC is the same company they were several years ago.  I think they're making it harder for the hosts to do their job...

I agree. I go back to the conversation between Lisa and Kathy and about how much QVC had changed and some of the intimations that management had become very controlling and demanding. I believe it was also mentioned at the time that they would like to have had Albany join them but that she probably wouldn't have been allowed to. I get that it's supposedly a well compensated job, but, as I've said before, I don't know how the hosts do it anymore, given the hype they're supposed to put out there, while presenting the same stale merchandise over and over. Though I've come to like her better, Albany was never a favorite, but I too hate to see a familiar face leave, and wish her well. Either the Q had no meaningful place for her in what appears to be their overwhelming, never-ending homage to the same few hosts, or she'd simply had enough. Either way, good luck to Albany...

@stevieb

I concur the comments Lisa & Kathy made about the Q were very brief and they quickly moved on to other topics.....to quote Shakespeare .... much ado about nothing!!!Download rolleyes 10  And I'm sure many of us can share similar stories as to how our work environments have changed as management and different bosses come and go but the chatter doesn't really mean much of anything .........

But @Spurt, as noted, some will see what they want to see and if the goal was to see LR and KL as embittered and on and on and on... then one seeks evidence to support one's conclusion, no matter how faulty the thinking...

Smiley Wink

I whole heartedly agree with you. Along with the positive work environments, I've worked several jobs where the memories are hardly stellar and where the overall experience was nothing I'm going to remember fondly... I think many of us have... But again, acknowledging that doesn't support the conclusion some folks want to draw.

I never saw any of the conversations between Kathy and LIsa.  It would be awful of them to convince Albany  to leave  Q at such a young age. They were both over 50 and put many years and built nest eggs.  Kathy married a millionaire who wanted her to travel with him and was not far from retirement age.  

Many put up with many injustices and humiliations at work but have to tread carefully when you have a family, need insurance and a place to live.  It would be very irresponsible and selfish to suggest Albany should leave to join Lisa.

Katie was a different story - her job was Lisa's assistant - she may have been out the door when Lisa was gone.

Honored Contributor

@hopi wrote:

@stevieb wrote:

@Spurt wrote:

@stevieb wrote:

@bri20 wrote:

I predict several hosts will be leaving.  I just don't think QVC is the same company they were several years ago.  I think they're making it harder for the hosts to do their job...

I agree. I go back to the conversation between Lisa and Kathy and about how much QVC had changed and some of the intimations that management had become very controlling and demanding. I believe it was also mentioned at the time that they would like to have had Albany join them but that she probably wouldn't have been allowed to. I get that it's supposedly a well compensated job, but, as I've said before, I don't know how the hosts do it anymore, given the hype they're supposed to put out there, while presenting the same stale merchandise over and over. Though I've come to like her better, Albany was never a favorite, but I too hate to see a familiar face leave, and wish her well. Either the Q had no meaningful place for her in what appears to be their overwhelming, never-ending homage to the same few hosts, or she'd simply had enough. Either way, good luck to Albany...

@stevieb

I concur the comments Lisa & Kathy made about the Q were very brief and they quickly moved on to other topics.....to quote Shakespeare .... much ado about nothing!!!Download rolleyes 10  And I'm sure many of us can share similar stories as to how our work environments have changed as management and different bosses come and go but the chatter doesn't really mean much of anything .........

But @Spurt, as noted, some will see what they want to see and if the goal was to see LR and KL as embittered and on and on and on... then one seeks evidence to support one's conclusion, no matter how faulty the thinking...

Smiley Wink

I whole heartedly agree with you. Along with the positive work environments, I've worked several jobs where the memories are hardly stellar and where the overall experience was nothing I'm going to remember fondly... I think many of us have... But again, acknowledging that doesn't support the conclusion some folks want to draw.

I never saw any of the conversations between Kathy and LIsa.  It would be awful of them to convince Albany  to leave  Q at such a young age. They were both over 50 and put many years and built nest eggs.  Kathy married a millionaire who wanted her to travel with him and was not far from retirement age.  

Many put up with many injustices and humiliations at work but have to tread carefully when you have a family, need insurance and a place to live.  It would be very irresponsible and selfish to suggest Albany should leave to join Lisa.

Katie was a different story - her job was Lisa's assistant - she may have been out the door when Lisa was gone.

@hopi

I concur I think it is ridiculous the stories and rumors people create......It's silly to think Albany left QVC to go work for Lisa.... probably just because Lisa posted a photo of their annual lunch (Lisa, Doris Dalton, Albany, and Kathy)...... so I guess people will now speculate that Doris and Kathy work for Lisa now too-- OH BROTHER!!! LOL!!!! Download rolleyes 10  Some of this stuff-it is like reading "The Globe" or "National Enquirer"

Just to clarify I'm NOT a member of Lisa's tribe,but occasionally check her FB just curious to see her products and if there's anything I might be interested in......I loved Lisa's QVC Christmas decor shows....

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”