New Contributor

I purchased the cooks essential air fryer. Can someone tell me if the fan stays on the whole time during cooking? Ive tried a grilled cheese, but after I preheat it then put it in and set timer and temp. the fan is not on, and only browned on bottom..  It did the same with cheese sticks. Just wondering if mine is broke. 

Honored Contributor

Yes it runs the whole time. When I mad a grilled cheese I flipped it over. Is the fan going around in a cirlce in blue color on your digital display when you use it? Can you hear the fan running.

I also wanted to ask everyone if their Air Fryer is loud or not. I bought 2 red ones. DH took 1 to work. We tried it at home before he took it to work. It's quiter then the other 1.????????? Now wondering if there is something wrong with one of ours. 

Esteemed Contributor

I flip my grilled cheese over, too....this air fryer is wonderful but not a magic machine.....you need to help it along...like the fries...you need to shake them a couple of times while cooking so you can check on them...same with burgers ...chicken...always mind it...turn them over...my fan keeps going while food is cooking...

To answer the other poster..mine isn't real noisy ..it is sort of a semi  loud humming...not obtrusive...

Honored Contributor

We also got the Air Fryer and love it but wish it had just a little larger cooking area.  So far I have cooked a cornish hen, pork chops, fries and burgers and all were good.  Yes, the fan runs while it is cooking to distribute the heat.  I think it runs quiet enough as I can hear the fan and motor and it doesn't annoy me.  I do shake the fries a couple times as well and they came out really good.  I'm pleased with ours. 

New Contributor

No the air fryer isnt very loud, and the blue fan on dial is lighted up,but fan is not running.  When I preheat it runs then I set timer and ifan does not come back on. So when I cooked a grilled cheese the bottom was brown but not the top.

New Contributor

I only here fan when preheating. I put food in and set temp and time hit start and no fan comes on.

Esteemed Contributor

@smitty55 wrote:

I only here fan when preheating. I put food in and set temp and time hit start and no fan comes on.

Then yours might be defective.  Call CS for an exchange or return.

Occasional Contributor

Hello. Going by the steps you take after the pre heat, try this and see if it helps :

Preheat, put your food in the basket, PRESS START, set temp and time, then hit start again. It should start as it should at that point. I learned to do this the hard way. Try it and see if it works for you. Hope it does. I love mine.

Contributor

I would like a cook book with air fryer recipes.... and they should use a bigger FONT in their instructions.... need a magnifying glass to read it... guess that why I haven't used it much...

Valued Contributor

Got mine last week, used it nearly every day ! Love French fries and fish sticks .