Respected Contributor

Advance Order cancellations

[ Edited ]

Kim G. recently had a tsv that sold out in almost every color in my size.  It was a  tsv but advanced order shipping out June 30th.  Well, it appears people ordered and cancelled because now its suddenly available but at a higher price.  You can cancel advance orders so it looks like that is what people did.  Now Isaac has a tsv dress coming up soon which is also an advance order.  i bet the same thing will happen.  People order because they have nothing to lose and can cancel before it ships. They either change their mind or get tired of waiting.  Not a good way to do sales business.  

Super Contributor

Re: Advance Order cancellations

@Catch71 , yes people are talking about that regarding the J Jason Wu dress on the #ILoveQVC facebook page.  There were many who said they didn't notice it was advance order, and many were cancelling.  I stuck my neck out and said it was sad because others were disappointed the colors or sizes were sold out by the time they woke up the next morning.   At least the dress is still on the same price as was first aired.  I'm afraid that QVC will take away the ability to cancel any order on advance or waitlist because of abuse of the policy.  Just my opinion

Valued Contributor

@Catch71 I had noticed the same thing. Jason Wu's recent TSV had sold out in every color. Now, all the colors are available again. I assume it is because people canceled their advance orders. It does seem that some people need their summer items immediately. 

Honored Contributor

@Catch71  I use advanced orders often - sometimes because I have product to use up, sometimes because the probable immediate ship date doesn't work well for me.

I think advanced orders are a great way to run a business,  better than bringing in excess inventory and having to remainder it.  That raises prices for all of us.

Honored Contributor

This isn't an advance order crowd.  We have the patience of a kindergarten class.

Frequent Contributor

Glad someone brought up the TSV advanced orders.  I am tired of them and have not ordered due to that reason.  Not sure if manufacturing is behind due to COVID, but hope they quit doing them.     

Trusted Contributor

Sorry if we offend you, but if I order summer clothing, I don't want it in August. Which is what it's getting to.  We are allowed to expect items within a reasonable time.   Or QVC should not present them - like Kim Gravel's on June 30.   

Trusted Contributor

No.   It's not great for the customer.  

Honored Contributor

It sounds like some of you would be happier going shopping at a B&M store rather than shopping online.

BE THE PERSON YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE! (unknown)
Valued Contributor

Started to order the TSV, IM swing dress, but ships July 17? Did I hear correctly? In one month? If so, that's ludicrous. Shipping July 17 means a summer dress will be here August.
It's hot now, very hot. An August delivery means I get less time wearing it, than I waited for it. Advanced ordering should be in a timely manner so as to receive the item when it can be used the longest. He should've sold this dress in April.