Super Contributor

Re: ANYTHING SPECIAL IN VEGAS?

The Q needs new vendors and new products, it’s always the same old things.
I remember when you could find things at QVC you couldn’t find anywhere else. Unique items that made people come back for more.
That’s what they have to go back to.
Trusted Contributor

This gig can be lots of fun and frolic for these hosts and others but if it doesn't generate new customers and increased sales then this QVC Vegas show and showboating will be a bust. 

Respected Contributor

How many times will Jane say her age tonight???

Regular Contributor

It's been a fun day.  Different.   

My DD;s each bought one of these jackets.  In fact one DD got one in each color!  They are not 50 yet but the jackets were so fun:  Item A643216

Women with Control My Wonder Denim Embellished Fringe Jacket, 1 of 3

Trusted Contributor

My husband goes every year for a busniess trip.  So I go with him.  I'm not a gambler.  I get my walking in. 

Last year we went on that High Roller...the thing that looks like a ferris wheel/  Husband and daughter loved it.  Me I had a panic attack and couldn't wait to get down.  It lasts for about 30 minutes.  Each container hold several people and even has a bar.  It doesn't even stop fopr you to get in .. It just slows down.  And it is still high up when you do get in and goes even higherwhen it turns.  Doesn't help being afraid of heights.  I think what started it for me was that it didn't stop for us to get in.  But the others enjoyed it.

This year I just did a lot of walking and checked out the shopping places.

Respected Contributor

@Stray wrote:
Maybe the whole thing is a morale booster for employees of QVC.

Kind of what I was thinking.

Contributor

I am sensing that was the purpose. A business/motivational retreat for the hosts/employees and they tied it to the customer with the women over 50 theme. They are having a wonderful, inspiring time. I don't see any benefit/ inspiration for the customer. I was so disappointed with the $600 TSV hair tool. My first thought was they were saying "you suckers will buy anything". Really, really disappointing to me. Hope some are excited about it. 

Super Contributor

@Shanus , I watched the 11:00, 3:00 and now I am watching the 7:00. So far, this whole day in Vegas has been a total waste.  I received an ad in my mail today.  I thought they might be sending me a coupon.  But no such luck. They were just advertising for this Vegas special. I do hope that the employees have a good time.  They work hard.

Respected Contributor

Reno? As in Reno, NV? R U kidding! That place is DEAD! Las Vegas is alive!

Honored Contributor

The must be something mystical going on in Vegas.  At the opening, before I changed the channel, they showed QVC models cavorting with the Sphere in the background at night.

I'm far East of Vegas and it's bright daylight.  Trickery?

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment