Esteemed Contributor

Re: ANYONE NOTICE CLEARANCE PRICES?

I had three clearance items on my wish list and none of the prices went up at all, so they jumped into my cart and are on their way to me now. I made other purchases as well, but on just those three items, I saved $16.50 in shipping costs.  Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

The two clearance items I bought yesterday are considerably higher in price today.  If theyd gone down today, I'd ask for a price adjustment.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Esteemed Contributor

I too have noticed this, but understand that businesses are in the business of turning a profit and this is done in a variety of ways. Savvy shoppers know there is always a way to save. 

~~~All we need is LOVE💖

Honored Contributor

The "old" QVC never would have pulled this stunt.

Valued Contributor

yes, i have noticed that the clearance price fluctuates up and down. same with some products that aren't on clearance, when its a free shipping day.

i can't help but wonder if some of the price fluctuation is driven by the products people put in their wish list. i have never and will never add anything to a wish list, 'cause it's nobodies business to know what i am considering buying. i doubt that feature is only there for your shopping convenience. most things are only done to benefit the company, not the shopper.

it's a free enterprise country, so companies can charge what they want, when they want. amazon is no better. their prices can change hourly. and the price of many items do change hourly.

the way things were 15-20 years, in terms of things like how clearance prices were, are going or have gone away. someone has to pay for those multi million dollar salaries.

as much as possible, don't be mad, just be a smart shopper, by not falling for marketing words like 'clearance', 'sale', 'lowest price of the season' etc. as often, that is not the lowest price.

much of what we over 50 crowd have known for decades is and has been replaced by way less favorable tactics, like charging tax on shipping. and yes, i know that is the states doing, but that is not the point. when a $20 item winds up costing $27 between shipping and tax, the $20 item is not so much of a bargain.

yet, those that analyze and report on shopping/buying trends, tend NOT to mention all of the REAL costs of buying a product. that is not by mistake!

the mistake is that many consumers REFUSE to wake up and look at how much they are really paying for something. and heaven forbid, most REFUSE to realize that charging things and NOT paying the balance off in a month or two, just raises the price of what they bought even more. they should at least switch to a credit card that pays them 1 or 2% of their purchases.

i recently read an article that discussed how enough people have finally realized that using the ATM at a bank other then own, is costing them big time and have stopped/slowed down to the point that the revenue that banks have been used to making from that has gone way down, so they are now raising the minimum balances on checking accounts to not be charged a fee, in attempt to recoup the money they aren't making from ATM withdrawals.

that is just pure greed! the banks should be happy that they made billions over the last few decades at peoples expense, from using ATM's, but no.

Respected Contributor

I don't watch changes in prices on "clearance" prices, but I do always read reviews on everything.  Generally, the items on clearance have negative reviews.  Please note, I said generally, not every single item.  I know someone will comment that they purchased a clearance item and it had loads of great reviews.    The items I looked at had mostly negative reviews, but I didn't read about every item being sold. 

Occasional Contributor

Re: ANYONE ELSE DUPED BY CLEARANCE PRICES?

Ordered 2 of the AnyBody Cozy Knit PJ's on clearance and the sizes are ginormous!! The Small is the size of a medium and the Medium is the size of a large. Obviously, these can't be returned.  Now I see why.  This is QVC's way of off loading their products w/o having to take any responsbility.  At least they were cheap so I will donate them.

Will never order anything again under these terms!!!!  Fool me once, shame on you; Fool me twice, shame on me.

In fact, am getting pretty fed up with QVC's return shipping fees for misrepresented or poor quality items; inflated prices; extended delays in processing orders and returns; and immature hosts.  They were the big game in town when home shopping first started but there are now too many other quality, reasonably priced vendors in the marketplace who offer great deals (including free shipping) and deliver items in 3-5 days.  You can even Google some of the designers on QVC (e.g LOGO; Mizrahi, etc.) & find great deals.