Super Contributor

ANYONE NOTICE CLEARANCE PRICES?

I had a few clearance items saved, and they all went up by at least $6 or more.  So much for free shipping.  I get that it's before Xmas, but you think clearance would stay the same price, or even lower price, until the item was sold out.....I hate the aquisition of both HSN, and QVC.  Made them both worse.  

Contributor

Re: ANYONE NOTICE CLEARANCE PRICES?

Earlier this year I bought an Isaac dress on clearance for $15.  Loved it and went back to get another.  Still on clearance but now $20!!  Doesn't sound like clearance to me.

Honored Contributor

I've also noticed in the past that some items are priced higher during "alleged" "free shipping" days.  I'm no longer impressed when QVC offers "free" shipping.  

Honored Contributor

Yep! A couple of items on my wish list that had $5.50 shipping went up in price by $5 on free shipping day vs. the day before, saving me a whopping .50.

Today the price increase remains, with the $5.50 s&h added back.

I didn't buy them and deleted them from my wish list.

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Respected Contributor

Yes, QVC games the system by raising prices when they offer free shipping. I always find it interesting that they raise prices on clearance items. I thought the point of clearance was to clear out the inventory. Most brick and mortar stores (and even online) when they offer clearance prices, the prices don't go back up to "regular" pricing.

Esteemed Contributor

I noticed this on flameless candles as well. I won't buy the item once they switch the clearance price upwards.

Regular Contributor

I also noticed this a while back. Had a pair of "as is" Alegria shoes on my wish list & when they had free shipping the price went up. BUT the  price STAYED UP. I am now very selective in purchasing. Won't purchase if there is no video to watch /video won't play, limited descriptions, no reviews or the old trick of "limited" stock or only good until the end of the show. The question is how much as consumers are we willing take until we move on?

Valued Contributor

so it's not free shipping as many of us have mentioned in the past

Respected Contributor

Q is famous for the PRICE-HIKE-CLEARANCE. 

Honored Contributor

@Dar321Sounds like Macy's to me when they run sales for one day from opening to noon or one.   I'm a brick and mortar shopper for clothing with a Macy's 2 miniutes from my front door.  In the last 5 years, I've spent a total of less than $40 there -  and that only because I didn't realize Macys opened for business eariler than Chico's where I had intended to shop.