Esteemed Contributor

ALRIGHTY THEN----getting Amazon free music and books with alexa

I called Amazon and I swear I talked to the slowest person in History.  If he asked me one more time if I was a member or not I was going to stick the phone in my commode.   Holy Cow.   It took an hr but he finally fixed it so I could get the three audible books offered with the new Alexa.   My ear was stuck to my head.  I thought for sure I was going to need Acetone to remove it.   

Respected Contributor

Re: ALRIGHTY THEN----getting Amazon free music and books with alexa

You don't want your ear stuck to your head?

Valued Contributor

I've been a little reticent in redeeming my free 3 months worth of whatever the free music thing is because of just what you describe. I could be on the phone for hours, never get unsigned up from it and get stuck with another monthly bill I don't need.

Sometimes 'free' is almost not worth it.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@NorthernLights wrote:

I've been a little reticent in redeeming my free 3 months worth of whatever the free music thing is because of just what you describe. I could be on the phone for hours, never get unsigned up from it and get stuck with another monthly bill I don't need.

Sometimes 'free' is almost not worth it.

@NorthernLights   One of the mods told me you can only do it once, but to be honest this is my third time.  I just call and tell them I bought one a yr ago and I have another certificate as I purchased a new one.  The last time it was very fast.  The music part went right through, I didn't even have to call them for that.  The audio books that I had issues with.  I did get it but seriously it was the guy that answered.  I could tell he had no clue what he was doing.  He kept asking me the same questions like 3 times.   I keep track of the dates and they also will send you an email and let you know that you will start being billed and then just go in and cancel it.

I finally got the Alexa set up that it plays in all the rooms, but I had it blasting and I was screaming ALEXA STOP----LOL   She just wouldn't shut up.  I finally had to shut them off manually.  I love this electronic stuff!   

Esteemed Contributor

@makena wrote:

You don't want your ear stuck to your head?

@makena  Only the part that is supposed to be lol.   Seriously I cannot imagine any company having someone that slow take care of technical issues. 

Valued Contributor

@BalletBabe

Well that is good to hear about the set up for the music. I'm just really wary of how hard it will be to cancel. I'd love to be able to use the music part now as it's the holidays.

and lol, yeah I hate to admit it but I've yelled at Alexa as well. Then I feel guilty and find myself apologizing to a robot. Oy vey!

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@NorthernLights wrote:

@BalletBabe

Well that is good to hear about the set up for the music. I'm just really wary of how hard it will be to cancel. I'd love to be able to use the music part now as it's the holidays.

and lol, yeah I hate to admit it but I've yelled at Alexa as well. Then I feel guilty and find myself apologizing to a robot. Oy vey!

@NorthernLights  Oh don't let that stop you , it is easy to cancel.   I love the music and my Grandson came for Thanksgiving and I said Alexa play Bee Gees and he said Oh no not that stuff again.  LOL

Valued Contributor

@BalletBabe wrote:

@NorthernLights  Oh don't let that stop you , it is easy to cancel.   I love the music and my Grandson came for Thanksgiving and I sadi Alexa play Bee Gees and he said Oh no not that stuff again.  LOL

That just put me over the edge. I love doing that stuff to my children when they are over. Xanadu music is always a room clearer here!

Esteemed Contributor

@NorthernLights   Go to the home forum and look at the funnies I posted.  

Esteemed Contributor

Made a mistake ---Go to the Holiday forum.  I put some funnies up.