Contributor

I'm tired of QVC catering to the thin, skinny people.  If you're fortunate to be one of those people that's great - I'm happy for you.  However, some of us have larger builds and can't fit into those styles - like the skin tight skinny leg jeans that they keep showing. Even on some of the models, they look horrible in them.  I have large thighs and the only jeans that fit me were the Dream Jeanes boot cut that were discontinued.  QVC start thinking of all sized people!

Respected Contributor

They sell all clothing styles and all sizes up to 3X.  I don't see where a person couldn't find something to their liking.

Contributor

Because I don't want to wear a size 3 just to fit into a style that doesn't do justice to me.  Some people may not care, I do.  So that's why.  

Respected Contributor

@AZ MO If QVC doesn't offer what you like, then wouldn't it make sense to shop elsewhere.  Plenty of other places.

Super Contributor

Speaking as a plus-size lady, I don't feel that QVC caters only to thin women.  It doesn't matter to me if QVC offers things that will never work for me.  I find plenty of fashions here that fit my body and my lifestyle.

I don't rely just on the items shown on tv.  There are lots of options available online that have not been recently presented and those that are never shown on air.  I also try to frequently check out the new arrivals. 

And finally, I have started stepping out of my "comfort zone" and those "rules" about what things I should and should not be wearing at my size. Granted, not everything I've tried on has worked out but I have definitely discovered lots of "new for me" fashions that I look nice in and are comfortable to wear.

@AZ MO, I'm sorry that your favorite DreamJeanes were discontinued.   I know how frustrating it is when that happens.  What specifically are you looking for and would like to see offered?  Would you like some suggestions for new pants?  I'm also challenged with heavier thighs and understand the difficulty in finding pants that fit so perhaps I could give you some suggestions. 

Respected Contributor

@DeniseColo Your response to the OP was extremely kind and understanding .

I applaud you for turning a potentially ugly thread into something positive and useful.

I am one of those "thin skinny" people OP referred to so I cannot be of much help.

But I, too, was disappointed to see the QF boot cut jeans discontinued.

Super Contributor

@gmkb -- Thank you for acknowledging my intent.  In addition to offering help to the OP,  I really don't want to see this turn into a "us" versus "them", "skinny" vs "fat" type of thread.  I have learned over the years that people at smaller end of the size range are just as sensitive about certain comments as those of us in the larger sizes.  

Disclaimer....I use the terms skinny and fat simply as adjectives with no derogatory meaning.

Honored Contributor

Over the years I often wondered why QVC catered to older conservative dressing women and really had no variety for someone like me who while I may be older do not want shapeless styles that are just not for me but instead of complaining I shopped places that had clothing more to my liking.  Now  QVC has styles and sizes for so many different tastes and just because certain styles are not for everyone, there are many others that would suit just about anyone.  

Esteemed Contributor

On the clothing shows, I see plenty of size XXS models and Large+ models, really tall models and short/petite models.  I've always felt that QVC did a great job of showing their clothing on all sizes and shapes.  

* A woman is like a tea bag. You can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. *
- Eleanor Roosevelt
Honored Contributor

@AZ MO Sorry that you can’t find pants that work now that the qf style is not available.QVC never discontinues a Good seller.I think most people want to wear those skinny jeans or leggings.I can understand your frustration though.I don’t have a plus size body but I have no butt and a gut so I have problems with the skinny jeans too.The spandex flattens what I do have and makes me look even worse(front bigger than back).I liked the tunic length tops to cover that but now the fashion has become shorter on top so I will soon have to find a new style on the bottom.We all have fashion difficulties but we are also all built differently.I don’t think there will ever be a one stop shop for all.I wish we could have a body scan and then just order the fashion to fit us.