Super Contributor

Re: ABSOLUTELY RIDICULOUS!!!

[ Edited ]

I had forgotten why I stopped ordering here. So I ordered a week or so ago. One item has finally shipped. Unfortunately it was shipped Mail Innovations, a process which has the worst ratings of any shipping company.  I paid UPS to intervene with mailed orders for the past several years, but apparently they missed these items. 
Urbancrest Ohio must be also known as The Black Hole.....where all packages go to die!
Both of my items are there.
The last time I ordered, months ago,  my package went back and forth to that shipper 3 times!  Someone explained to be that Mail Innovations holds items until the get a certain amount for certain areas. This saves them money. So sometimes when they sort things into bins for trucks, they get into the wrong truck and when my pkg arrives, it takes a while to send it back. That's why packages tend to die when going through Mail Innovations. QVC should drop them but obviously they are cheap shippers.
I am sorry that I forgot about this problem. I'm a bit ashamed but have cancer and have been totally not with it! So now the two items I ordered may or may not ever arrive.
Last time after a month QVC sent me another one and said if I ever got the original to call them and pay for the 2nd item. sigh

Respected Contributor

You are so right about Mail Innovations. It's the worst.  I've had Q pkgs lost and QVC had to send me a replacement. Don't understand how MI is saving them money if rhey end up having to send out replacements for lost orders.

Respected Contributor

I'm waiting for three packages from three different retailers, none are from QVC. Each of my packages delivery dates have been pushed back at least a week. Sometimes I think people forget there are things that go on in the world that can affect delivery dates. There was a massive storm that impacted many areas last week. Everything has a ripple effect.

Regular Contributor

I agree.  Shipping issues and delays as well as labor shortages are rampant right now.  

Honored Contributor

@Boehm Collector wrote:

@godi if the item has actually has left QVC and is in the hands of the  carrier then you are absolutely correct.   However, items ordered from QVC are often "in process" for a ridiculous amount of time.

What's absurd is that we get notes the are delayed and no option or date when we can cancel the order. I don't get that from other retailers. They say it's delayed call or go online if you want to cancel.

Contributor

The same thing happened to me. I understand delays but when you order something and they don't indicate it is back ordered or advance order it is  not being honest with the customer.  You can, however, cancel the order and shop elsewhere. Maybe hey will eventually ge it.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@KKJ wrote:

You are so right about Mail Innovations. It's the worst.  I've had Q pkgs lost and QVC had to send me a replacement. Don't understand how MI is saving them money if rhey end up having to send out replacements for lost orders.

@KKJ 

What they told me is UPS Mail Innovations puts the responsibility back on QVC, even though QVC processes and has it shipped immediately.....my packages get stuck at the Carrolton Texas for a week or so, how is that QVC's fault, thats UPS/USPS.....🙄  And this has been going on way before the holidays, the pandemic, or supply and worker shortages.....It's just the way UPS and USPS does business....You can call, post on their Facebook Page via Messenger, email them, or fill out a form it doesn't matter---no improvement....

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Super Contributor

But the problem is that is the method that QVC uses to ship!!!! That is their responsibility. It's a cheap method where Mail Innovations saves up pkgs and sends to the areas of the country at the same time. This was fully expained by an employee there.
If the pkg is coming from Ohio to Michigan it will be put in a bin with other pkgs going to Mich until they have enough to truck out. That's why pkgs are held.

So the holdup IS the way UPS Mail Innovations does business.

QVC knows this and still chooses them to send out their deliveries!!! 
That is the problem.

Super Contributor

That's better than many online stores. I've waited two months for things from Coldwater Creek.  

Trusted Contributor

There were shipping issues with QVC long before the pandemic, the supply chain, and the fire.  I used to order only when I didn't need something right away.  Now I don't order at all, especially after reading about people who get packages for other customers.  

@10000thnickname I hope your packages arrive soon and completely understand that having cancer is plenty to handle and how much it would help if other more routine things fell into place.  Give yourself a pat on the back for keeping the day to day things going.