Esteemed Contributor

Re: A new to me sales generator

Is this notification only happening on mobile platforms? I have been doing quite a bit of browsing and shopping on the website lately, but I've never seen that alert.

Trusted Contributor

I haven't personally seen this however it sounds like another "pressure tactic" to get you to buy the item now rather than save it for later.

Honored Contributor

@granddi wrote:

Nordstrom has a note that says this many people are watching this item. 

And Nordstrom filed for Chapter 11 bankruptcy so it shows how "effective" this sales tactic works..... Woman Frustrated

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

Just another INEFFECTIVE sales gimmick!!!!  Hey QVC try good quality merchandise at a reasonable price!!!

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Regular Contributor

@Spurt wrote:

@granddi wrote:

And Nordstrom filed for Chapter 11 bankruptcy so it shows how "effective" this sales tactic works..... Woman Frustrated

@Spurt wrote:

@granddi wrote:

No Nordstroms has not filed for Chapter 11 yet..They are closing stores..Penny's is probably going to file tomorrow (5-15-20)

Esteemed Contributor

@depglass  oh wow, don´t know what´s going on, but I read your Thread title a few times today and I thought you said you bought a Generator and it´s new to you but it´s used lol.

It wasn´t until I read your post that I realize what it was about. Wow, I need to get away from the Computer.

Respected Contributor

Lands End does this when you go to buy an item it tells you how many have bought it recently.  I guess they want you to think you are picking something popular.

Honored Contributor

I'm used to the one left tactic from Amazon, but I've learned the hard way that they mean it.  Heather Hall is guilty of  the "there are hundreds of you on the line" tactic.  That tells me they are getting very little response.  Yes, I can return the jacket.  With enforced confinement, I don't put off packing up returns like I used to.  I'm not a serial returner, let's just say I'm getting pickier.  

Esteemed Contributor

It looks like this new "feature" was being rolled out in phases; I'm seeing the pop-ups now, too. Uggghhhh. As if we need more oddities and annoyances on this website...

Honored Contributor

@queen75 wrote:

@Spurt wrote:

@granddi wrote:

@Spurt wrote:

@granddi wrote:

No Nordstroms has not filed for Chapter 11 yet..They are closing stores..Penny's is probably going to file tomorrow (5-15-20)

@queen75 

Nordstroms did both==Chapter 11 & closing stores....

Department stores had an insane week. Here’s everything that happened
PUBLISHED FRI, MAY 8 202012:31 PM 

KEY POINTS
  • Department stores had a rough week. 
  • Neiman Marcus filed for Chapter 11 bankruptcy protection; Nordstrom said it is permanently closing 16 locations, and J.C. Penney skipped another interest payment.