Valued Contributor

This past Tuesday was packed with gardening shows--mostly Roberta's throughout the day and ending with Cottage Farms. During the C.F. show, there was a one-time value offered, the 4-pc.night sky petunia collection. The one-time "special" price was $32.76. Supposed to be a savings from the regular price, right? Well, some savings! I just saw it presented again early this morning (Sat.) at the "featured" price of $32.92. Shame on you QVC! A big savings of 16 cents is your idea of a one-time value price? Think I'll cancel the order.

Honored Contributor

Wow, that IS pathetic!

I've noticed recently that it seems that the TSV prices are only about $5 less than their 'regular' prices on those items, too.

I guess calling it a 'One time only' value or a TSV only gives the customer the illusion of a significant savings.

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Respected Contributor

I don't recall ever seeing a TSV with a remarkable price.

Esteemed Contributor

It must seem surreal to be in the middle of a blizzard while selling flowers. I did a 10 second Q check and they were showing gorgeous roses. Then in a tiny corner they showed what customers would actually receive. It looked like a couple of tiny sticks. In my hands, those little weed sticks would be dead in no time.

QVC Customer Care

This post has been removed by QVC because it is unkind toward a vendor.

Honored Contributor

Q has never been known for having real sale prices.  Occasionally, they offer a great deal but they are far and few between.  Q's standard idea of a sale is a few cents to a few dollars in most cases.

Esteemed Contributor

To the warning not to buy these - AMEN!

Respected Contributor

@KingstonsMom wrote:

Wow, that IS pathetic!

I've noticed recently that it seems that the TSV prices are only about $5 less than their 'regular' prices on those items, too.

I guess calling it a 'One time only' value or a TSV only gives the customer the illusion of a significant savings.

Sometimes it is only $2 or $3 less.

Respected Contributor

Unless one does not have access to a gardening center or plant nursery I don't get it.  We have so many wonderful nurseries in our location that have an excellent variety of plants at very reasonable prices.  Everything from annuals, perenials, shrubs, trees, etc.  They offer excellent tips and advice and I love the fact they are local.  No shipping and handling.

Trusted Contributor

I fail to see how this is "a new low."  QVC has done nothing nefarious or unethical.

QVC sold an item, the OP purchased it.  The op now apparently has buyer's remorse and is looking for someone to blame.

Whether or not purchasing garden plants from a shopping chnnel is advisable, QVC has done nothing wrong.