Honored Contributor

A fun analogy & true for the younger generation🙂💻📦

My niece is a new mom & is not used to being home!  I was chatting with her today and she told me I'd be getting a package tomorrow(Sunday) from Amazon.  I'm making my new nephews halloween costume and need a certain item.

I told her I'm getting a lot the "A" boxes lately.  She said "oh you should see them stacked up in my DR".

We started laughing when she said -- "A" is what QVC was to you back 30 years ago with your kids.  Great for those long sleepless nights -- I shop with a click of a button all nite and sometimes I even forget I ordered!"

I really thought this was so true...Q hosts kept me "company" on those long sleepless nights & boy did I shop!!!"

Respected Contributor

Re: A fun analogy & true for the younger generation🙂💻📦

[ Edited ]

When my kids were little there was nothing but white noise on TV and the internet was science fiction. Lol I had no $ to shop with anyway. Wing and a prayer parenting.

Esteemed Contributor

The Big A has been the salvation for people like me.  We live in an area where many stores are a good drive away.  No longer have to waste time and gas in our old age like we once used to.  And you can’t argue with their fast shipping!

Esteemed Contributor

Wow! That took me back and I can certainly relate😊.

~~~All we need is LOVE💖 

Respected Contributor

@SunValley 

I can totally relate!  

My husband was in college when our first 2 children were born.  I was 20 when baby #1 came along, 22 with baby #2.  DH was a Marine and came home from Vietnam 5 months before we were married, he started classes 2 weeks after getting married.  We eloped, so we had no wedding gifts, nothing.  We were far away from our families, no one came to help when the babies were born.  Fortunately, we made it through those difficult years!  We're still together! ❤️

Yes, wing and a prayer parenting!  They survived and we all live near each other.  Sometimes, things do work out!