Honored Contributor

Re: A bit of a vent...

[ Edited ]

@Spurt 

You make some good points, Spurt, and I agree with many of them.  I do believe in great customer service. I do believe the customer has a right to have a legitimate complaint answered. I think the main point I wanted to make was if I thought the customer service was that bad, I would take my business elsewhere.  I think that is true of any company I  would be dealing with.  True, I don't shop as much as I used to but I'm not so sure our complaints represent the majority out there. 

I know people want to stay here and shop but if I was not satisfied and felt my complaint or problem went unheeded, I'd be taking a walk in another direction!  So people complain and still shop here.......  that's not going to get them very far.  Loosing business is what gets a business attention...not people staying in spite of their disatisfaction.  Like I have said before, I have been mostly satisfied with my shopping experiences here at QVC so I'm sure that factors into the way I see things. 

Honored Contributor

I have bought a lot from QVC since the 90's.  Before many other stores had websites and home delivery, QVC was my main shopping source except for buying groceries locally, etc.  So disappointed now that the hosts are no longer as professional as before, the items have gone up in price  so much, quality is down, shipping takes forever (two of my orders are in process for 5 days now),  same items over and over and now they are having two hosts plus a vendor on a lot of shows which means they just talk over one another.  I always watch ITKWD.  I recorded it today and watched maybe 5 minutes and not sure if I will even bother watching the rest.  Definitely won't be watching "At home with David" or whatever that show is called.  Big disappointment.   Tired of the same items, same vendors over and over.  Even the fashions are so similar--a lot of Susan G;s items look like Denim & Co, and  same as Isaac's, etc.  

Honored Contributor

@proudlyfromNJ wrote:

@blackhole99 wrote:

I don't think the Q keeps this forum up out of the goodness of their hearts, they are looking for information. The feedback people give on this forum is valuable and the so called" mean girls" trying to shut the negative feedback down is not effective anyway. I participated in a survey not so long ago about these vendors who are constantly on air. It seemed to matter to the survey taker that I did not like IT Cosmetics and they wanted me to elaborate on the reasons. I guess enough people like the products and they are selling  or they would be gone.

@blackhole99 . Posters trying to shut down negative feedback? Mods do a good job doing that. Did you ever see ' unkind to host' or 'unkind to vendor'? It's up to them to poof a post, not posters or the mean girls.

@proudlyfromNJ 

But "the girls"  are very persistent self appointed moderators....they intimidate people or do their best to start trouble so a thread gets poofed....

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Respected Contributor

@San Antonio Gal 

@Spurt 

After making rather benign comments, I have been shocked by the tone of some responses.  Seems that some folks like to be disagreeable no matter what.  It's too bad because it's impossible to have a friendly discussion.  Too often "snarkiness" takes over and that's when I usually drop out. 

Trusted Contributor

Re: A bit of a vent...

[ Edited ]

IT Cosmetics is today's Bare Escentuals.  Remember when BE would sell 150,000 TSVs in the blink of an eye - now look at it.  It is on infrequently, at best.  Today's programming is like the old QVC Sampler.  Do you remember that?  Same old, same old. The only shows I have on now are cooking-related or You're Home with Jill - nothing else appeals to me.   

Respected Contributor

@sashamatthews wrote:

IT Cosmetics is today's Bare Escentuals.  Remember when BE would sell 150,000 TSVs in the blink of an eye - now look at it.  It is on infrequently, at best.  Today's programming is like the old QVC Sampler.  Do you remember that?  Same old, same old. The only shows I have on now are cooking-related or You're Home with Jill - nothing else appeals to me.   

Especially during the 3-month run up to Christmas; the host gift pick shows are simply the QVC Sampler shows renamed. And they are pretty much all the same.

Occasional Contributor

How many over priced LOGO tops could one person possibly add to their wardrobe? I find it hard to believe Lori is a designer when basically she uses the same 3 patterns with various materials. Lori and the hosts are notorius for trying to convince everyone they will look beautiful layering multiple tops.  Woman are very weight concious, why would anyone want to layer 3 -4 tops that dont even match?