Highlighted
Respected Contributor

I used to try to at least sample all of the Philosophy scents but now they are cranking them out so quickly I have given up. Also pass on all the face creams...how many ways can you exfoliate and treat your skin? I understand the marketing end of skin products and the rush to get you to try something new. Not me...not enough face or time. Or Money$$$.

The last scent offerings seem to lack depth and I find nothing so great about the facial products although I still use purity, microdelivery exfoliating scrub, some of the shower gels,  and the lip glosses.

Honored Contributor

@Spurt wrote:

@jubilant wrote:

I think when you start feeling this way it's time to go on to something else or just watch the video of that thing you're interested in.

This happens to  many of us over the years.  We start getting bored with it or find it takes too long to get to whatever details we want to hear about. With the videos you can move that video right along and only listen to the parts you want.   If enough people would send complaints to the "complaint dept." instead of posting them here, I think the chances of  having your complaint addressed would be better.

@jubilant 

I think the whole purpose of the Forum is to gather customer comments/feedback.....

Sadly many customers have tried to use the Suggestion Box to post ideas, suggestions and feedback, but instead of letting QVC decide what comments to pusue, the "mean girls " wouldn't allow that to be done and leveled snarky and nasty attacks on those making any sort of suggestion....so the Suggestion Box is pretty much dead....And calling CS is not the answer, they are not equipped to move forward with feedback/complaints about products/programming so where is this "complaint dept"

@Spurt  - I agree that oftentimes when a poster states an opinion she will get attacked by other posters.   Not very nice.

Honored Contributor

Re: A bit of a vent...

[ Edited ]

@jubilant wrote:

@Spurt wrote:

@jubilant wrote:

I think when you start feeling this way it's time to go on to something else or just watch the video of that thing you're interested in.

This happens to  many of us over the years.  We start getting bored with it or find it takes too long to get to whatever details we want to hear about. With the videos you can move that video right along and only listen to the parts you want.   If enough people would send complaints to the "complaint dept." instead of posting them here, I think the chances of  having your complaint addressed would be better.

@jubilant 

I think the whole purpose of the Forum is to gather customer comments/feedback.....

Sadly many customers have tried to use the Suggestion Box to post ideas, suggestions and feedback, but instead of letting QVC decide what comments to pusue, the "mean girls " wouldn't allow that to be done and leveled snarky and nasty attacks on those making any sort of suggestion....so the Suggestion Box is pretty much dead....And calling CS is not the answer, they are not equipped to move forward with feedback/complaints about products/programming so where is this "complaint dept"

********  I've looked at the forums a little differently I guess. I've been here a long time.  I think Mary Beth's daughter was a baby or toddler when I came here...so however long ago that was!  I have not had a lot of problems with QVC so it's hard for me to understand. I think  I have always thought the forums were here for our pleasure. 

Imo, if the forums turn into a "complaint dept", I fear they   won't be long for this world and I would hate to see that happen.  I'm sure, as with any company there are genuine complaints.  If people feel theirs  isn't being addressed then maybe it would be better to shop elsewhere then to continually register complaints on these forums. 

@jubilant 

Maybe people who post suggestions and constructive criticism do so with the hopes of keeping QVC as a viable shopping option, afterall QVC is unique in that you can watch a product being demonstrated, see clothes being worn on real people instead of an air brushed photo on a website, and hear from product vendors....its different from an infommercial since QVC doesn't just focus on one product ....

I dont think QVC puts money, time, and effort into these Forums just for customers to have a place to chat....there has to be a business reason behind it....they gather info here instead of hiring an independent firm to conduct surveys for them....

And if not the Forums where should customers register their concerns and suggestions???? Or are you saying customers shouldn't be allowed to give their opinions, yet retailers these days are always asking for customers to complete surveys both online and in store or by phone asking for feedback...and even non-retail --doctor's offices, med labs, banks, insurance companies, hotels, restaurants, etc etc....Looks like businesses are looking for ways to keep customers coming back....So shouldn't QVC!!!!  Or should QVC do nothing and watch customers leave silently....some companies have done that and are no longer in business as customers went off to shop with competitors.....Encouraging people to just shop elsewhere isn't the answer just so the Forums can become a happy place of rainbows and unicorns ...that's not why QVC exists!

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Regular Contributor

@Katcat1 I do watch the Beauty Channel from time to time, is nice to know that's what you will be watching, however I've noticed lately there are other things being marketed there other than beauty

Spoiler
Woman Frustrated
Regular Contributor

@Spurt I agree with you whole-heartedly. On the whole I have been really happy with the Q, and the very few instances Ive needed customer service they have gone above and beyond.  I don't spend alot of time on the blogs/forums but they are here for a reason if not just for marketing value but also a place for customers to vent/share/chat/get opinions or to just see if others have experienced something you have as well.  HENCE, my post, and my concern that if the same old stuff is being shown over and over again it becomes stale and others will shop elsewhere.  I really enjoy watching makeup tutorials, (the Q's beauty channel does a great job of this), and REAL people wearing clothes instead of a picture. 

Super Contributor

It is bad enough IT Cosmetics and Josie have so many shows of their own, but they also show up very frequently in shows like AM and PM Style.  Just my opinion, but there is more than enough beauty shows and AM/PM Style should be for fashion and accesories only.

I am not superstitious, but I am a little stitious.
QVC Customer Care

This post has been removed by QVC because it is unkind to our host

Honored Contributor

@Jamstan wrote:

It is bad enough IT Cosmetics and Josie have so many shows of their own, but they also show up very frequently in shows like AM and PM Style.  Just my opinion, but there is more than enough beauty shows and AM/PM Style should be for fashion and accesories only.

@Jamstan 

Totally agree too much beauty on AM STYLE

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

I don't think the Q keeps this forum up out of the goodness of their hearts, they are looking for information. The feedback people give on this forum is valuable and the so called" mean girls" trying to shut the negative feedback down is not effective anyway. I participated in a survey not so long ago about these vendors who are constantly on air. It seemed to matter to the survey taker that I did not like IT Cosmetics and they wanted me to elaborate on the reasons. I guess enough people like the products and they are selling  or they would be gone.

Honored Contributor

@blackhole99 wrote:

I don't think the Q keeps this forum up out of the goodness of their hearts, they are looking for information. The feedback people give on this forum is valuable and the so called" mean girls" trying to shut the negative feedback down is not effective anyway. I participated in a survey not so long ago about these vendors who are constantly on air. It seemed to matter to the survey taker that I did not like IT Cosmetics and they wanted me to elaborate on the reasons. I guess enough people like the products and they are selling  or they would be gone.

@blackhole99 . Posters trying to shut down negative feedback? Mods do a good job doing that. Did you ever see ' unkind to host' or 'unkind to vendor'? It's up to them to poof a post, not posters or the mean girls.