Respected Contributor
Totally agree the days of product variety on a daily basis as well as TSV’s is long gone. House brands have become the name of their game. Looking at products recently presented on air and watching videos of items I might be interested in are the way to shop for me.
Honored Contributor

I think a lot of people stopped watching QVC because they have seen it all.  Programming is like a broken record...and now the taped presentations are shown later the same day on QVC2.

I don't watch too much any more.  I just channel flip through occasionally.  I imagine someone is watching and buying.  They probably catch everyone, including the people with unique working hours.

As long as it's working for QVC, they have no reason to change.

Valued Contributor

I have been watching the Q for well over 20 years and have never seen so much same old, same old, and presentations of the same old, same old, lasting for so long.  Watching less and less and I hope QVC realizes this!  Bring in less quantity of stuff, move it, and bring in more new and variety, NEW VENDORS/LINES, etc.  And I was so excited for QVC2, now to only realize that's pretty much a clearance channel.  And I will specifically address the IT Cosmetics issue-QVC, there are LOTS of other great skincare/cosmetic companies that would probably love to be able to have just one Today's Special Value, so give them a chance, and we are SICK of IT Cosmetics TSV's!!! 

Regular Contributor

Totally catch!  I usually have 1 television on somewhere in the house with just QVC on it...as I come and go throughout the day Ill catch a glimpse or hear something that Im interested in.  Not soo much anymore.  Bit of a shame, honestly, and online/home shopping is a big biz.

Honored Contributor

@jubilant wrote:

I think when you start feeling this way it's time to go on to something else or just watch the video of that thing you're interested in.

This happens to  many of us over the years.  We start getting bored with it or find it takes too long to get to whatever details we want to hear about. With the videos you can move that video right along and only listen to the parts you want.   If enough people would send complaints to the "complaint dept." instead of posting them here, I think the chances of  having your complaint addressed would be better.

@jubilant 

I think the whole purpose of the Forum is to gather customer comments/feedback.....

Sadly many customers have tried to use the Suggestion Box to post ideas, suggestions and feedback, but instead of letting QVC decide what comments to pusue, the "mean girls " wouldn't allow that to be done and leveled snarky and nasty attacks on those making any sort of suggestion....so the Suggestion Box is pretty much dead....And calling CS is not the answer, they are not equipped to move forward with feedback/complaints about products/programming so where is this "complaint dept"

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

@_O_   I think one of the main problems is the Q has too many stations.  Who wants to be jumping from Q to Q2 to Q Beauty --  NOT ME!  I only watch the Q and do not have time for all the other stations.  Do they really think they are going to make more money?  I doubt it and that's why they raised the shipping costs again.  They are going to turn customers off instead of keeping customers and attracting new ones.  That's my opinion.Cat Sad

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

Re: A bit of a vent...

[ Edited ]

@Carmie wrote:

I think a lot of people stopped watching QVC because they have seen it all.  Programming is like a broken record...and now the taped presentations are shown later the same day on QVC2.

I don't watch too much any more.  I just channel flip through occasionally.  I imagine someone is watching and buying.  They probably catch everyone, including the people with unique working hours.

As long as it's working for QVC, they have no reason to change.

@Carmie 

QVC's financial report isnt that great--they went from 4% change in profits, down to 3%, down to 2%...they are headed in the wrong direction....and oh why spend money on new sets, hosts, music if they are doing so well...Instead they need to listen to their customers--- the problem is their stale products..Sadly there's only a few vendors I like, shows I'll watch, and a lot less merchandise I buy anymore

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

@Spurt wrote:

@jubilant wrote:

I think when you start feeling this way it's time to go on to something else or just watch the video of that thing you're interested in.

This happens to  many of us over the years.  We start getting bored with it or find it takes too long to get to whatever details we want to hear about. With the videos you can move that video right along and only listen to the parts you want.   If enough people would send complaints to the "complaint dept." instead of posting them here, I think the chances of  having your complaint addressed would be better.

@jubilant 

I think the whole purpose of the Forum is to gather customer comments/feedback.....

Sadly many customers have tried to use the Suggestion Box to post ideas, suggestions and feedback, but instead of letting QVC decide what comments to pusue, the "mean girls " wouldn't allow that to be done and leveled snarky and nasty attacks on those making any sort of suggestion....so the Suggestion Box is pretty much dead....And calling CS is not the answer, they are not equipped to move forward with feedback/complaints about products/programming so where is this "complaint dept"

********  I've looked at the forums a little differently I guess. I've been here a long time.  I think Mary Beth's daughter was a baby or toddler when I came here...so however long ago that was!  I have not had a lot of problems with QVC so it's hard for me to understand. I think  I have always thought the forums were here for our pleasure. 

Imo, if the forums turn into a "complaint dept", I fear they   won't be long for this world and I would hate to see that happen.  I'm sure, as with any company there are genuine complaints.  If people feel theirs  isn't being addressed then maybe it would be better to shop elsewhere then to continually register complaints on these forums. 

Honored Contributor

@Catch71 wrote:

The IT vendors sure do get excited presenting their products.  I feel they keep saying the same excitable thing over and over.  I know a lot of people love their CC Cream but for me it was too heavy.  I remember when Jamie C. first came on the Q and it seems all the vendors who represent IT now, talk just like her - same tone and expressions.  

@Catch71   ....and very tight dresses.

Valued Contributor

The IT vendors need to tone it down ALOT. Can't watch. They are over the top and it is unprofessional. Don't think the TSV did well yesterday, why would it, same old and same vendors acting like children.