Regular Contributor

Im not sure what is happening with QVC, but the same vendors on and on, are making me weak.  Tonight again with IT with over excited jubilation Zzzzzz.  Nothing against IT, Ive a few of their items, they are OK, generic at best.  What has happened to new and fresh inspirations?  Eve Pearl, Best, Buckle, Brown ect...I enjoy that they take the time to show their products and how to apply, they arent presenting every week, and they stay cureent.  Basically, the same with fashion...same vendors, different day and most of the fashion forward vendors are becoming more basic and less fashion forward to apply to the masses???  I realize that anyone has the choice to change channels, Google, or visit my local Mall, however Ive been a longtime QVC buyer and for me its feeling stale.

Esteemed Contributor

ITA, more of the same all the time.  I've become pretty bored with the Q and only watch the shows I really enjoy now, which isn't too many.   Seems the designers are just copying each other, how many sharkbite tops do we need anyway?

Respected Contributor

@_O_   vendors are making you weak?  Don't know what you mean.  

Respected Contributor

Re: A bit of a vent...

[ Edited ]

The IT vendors sure do get excited presenting their products.  I feel they keep saying the same excitable thing over and over.  I know a lot of people love their CC Cream but for me it was too heavy.  I remember when Jamie C. first came on the Q and it seems all the vendors who represent IT now, talk just like her - same tone and expressions.  

Honored Contributor

When I first saw this thread earlier, I was watching AM Style where they were presenting the “new” Isaac Mizrahi lace top (A352272).   I thought it looked like all the previous 117 versions of their lace tops that brand has sold on QVC.  So, I have to agree with you.

QVC is very risk averse.  They lock onto one winner, and they bleed it dry into a hundred iterations.  I just laughed and turned the channel.

Respected Contributor

This limited merchandise type has been going on for some time at QVC.  I guess it's a positive in some ways.  You pretty much know what they carry if you need it, and know not to waste your time if you're not interested.  I mostly browse online with them.  Very rarely watch tv presentations unless I'm flipping by.  IMO, tv shopping is pretty much aging out since there are so many retailers to shop with now who are much more competitive on value.  Nothing unique or different anymore. 

Regular Contributor

i agree Mom, and I've noticed it for some time...just figured there was a "lull" of sorts, but seems to be just a slow process of the same vendors, same stuff, not alot of innovation or choices.  Don't get me wrong, there are things I order and will continue but those things are getting more limited especially since we can purchase soo many things on Amazon and free shipping is becoming a given.  Might I add that it takes much longer in shipping for me to get any products from QVC...anywhere from 10~14 days.

Respected Contributor

@_O_ 

Cant beat Amazon for free shipping and fast delivery!  I have gone to them also for a lot of things; order one day and get it the next and in good shipping condition.  The boxes look as they they have hardly been touched!

Honored Contributor

I think when you start feeling this way it's time to go on to something else or just watch the video of that thing you're interested in.

This happens to  many of us over the years.  We start getting bored with it or find it takes too long to get to whatever details we want to hear about. With the videos you can move that video right along and only listen to the parts you want.   If enough people would send complaints to the "complaint dept." instead of posting them here, I think the chances of  having your complaint addressed would be better.

Highlighted
Regular Contributor

Bored? Perhaps...however, that wasn't my vent per se.  My "vent" was more associated with the lack of fresh/new/on trend products that QVC is offering.  i have shared with "complaint department" and Im also sharing it here.