Reply
Highlighted
New Contributor
Posts: 4
Registered: ‎02-24-2013

If  you are purchasing gifts this season (and who isn't?), my recent experience might encourage very early QVC shopping.  I ordered an item on November 5th (a piece of jewelry) -- not delivered until November 18th.  However, the trac.king site indicated it had been delivered two days prioer to that.  Obviously not, and it was not misdelivered to a neighbor.  Now the replacement that has already been sent, witll have to be returned.  A bit of a hassle, to say the least.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor
Posts: 11,153
Registered: ‎05-22-2012

@Krita wrote:

If  you are purchasing gifts this season (and who isn't?), my recent experience might encourage very early QVC shopping.  I ordered an item on November 5th (a piece of jewelry) -- not delivered until November 18th.  However, the trac.king site indicated it had been delivered two days prioer to that.  Obviously not, and it was not misdelivered to a neighbor.  Now the replacement that has already been sent, witll have to be returned.  A bit of a hassle, to say the least.


 

I don't order from QVC if I need the item in under two weeks, period. I will find it elsewhere or get something and save it as a gift for another time. Anyone can have a package delivered to the wrong address and cause a delay, but QVC has no sense of urgency and leaves no wiggle room. Two weeks is the safe window.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor
Posts: 11,767
Registered: ‎03-09-2010

Wow!  I haven't ordered anything for quite a few weeks as I made the transition from one apartment to another.  I'll be curious to see how long my next orfder takes - I've been getting things in 4 t0 5 days from my order whether I'm in Florida or on Long Island.

 

I'm already finished with any holiday orders, but I do have a few items I want for myself during the season.  It won't be tragic if I have to wait longer, but it will be unusual.

 

 Then again, I have yet to see my property tax bill which was mailed to me 18 days ago, so anything is possible.  And if I told the tax collector that I never got that bill??? HA!

Highlighted
Honored Contributor
Posts: 23,805
Registered: ‎03-20-2010

There were some articles posted that described QVC's warehouse and distribution---and how some merchandise is shipped from the manufacturer OR from a QVC regional warehouse---which explains why sometimes you receive merchandise quickly, while other times it seems they have been sent by carrier pigeon or pony express.......

 

And get ready folks---you will see tons of threads from the last minute shoppers complaining how they ordered those last minute gifts that didn't arrive in time for Christmas (BOO HOO!).....They need to claim RESPONSIBILITY for waiting until the LAST MINUTE to do their shopping....SHOP ONLINE EARLY as the OP mentioned or if your budget makes you hold out until the last minute, then SHOP LOCALLY so you can be sure gifts are there for Christmas....!!! 

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor
Posts: 5,880
Registered: ‎01-22-2012

@Krita wrote:

If  you are purchasing gifts this season (and who isn't?), my recent experience might encourage very early QVC shopping.  I ordered an item on November 5th (a piece of jewelry) -- not delivered until November 18th.  However, the trac.king site indicated it had been delivered two days prioer to that.  Obviously not, and it was not misdelivered to a neighbor.  Now the replacement that has already been sent, witll have to be returned.  A bit of a hassle, to say the least.


I ordered a birthday gift ten days before the birthday, and the phone rep told me it would be delivered in 7-12 days. I asked what happened to 7-10 days. She said it would probably get there, but that was to be safe for them. I would no longer count on a 7-10 day delivery.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor
Posts: 9,183
Registered: ‎07-28-2012

@SPURT wrote:

There were some articles posted that described QVC's warehouse and distribution---and how some merchandise is shipped from the manufacturer OR from a QVC regional warehouse---which explains why sometimes you receive merchandise quickly, while other times it seems they have been sent by carrier pigeon or pony express.......

 

And get ready folks---you will see tons of threads from the last minute shoppers complaining how they ordered those last minute gifts that didn't arrive in time for Christmas (BOO HOO!).....They need to claim RESPONSIBILITY for waiting until the LAST MINUTE to do their shopping....SHOP ONLINE EARLY as the OP mentioned or if your budget makes you hold out until the last minute, then SHOP LOCALLY so you can be sure gifts are there for Christmas....!!! 


YES...to every point made here. While I myself have never waited over the 10 days and usually get purchases within a week, I would NEVER count on that to happen right before the holidays. Dec. 5 is my cut off on ordering anything for Christmas day.

"To each their own, in all things".
Highlighted
Respected Contributor
Posts: 2,774
Registered: ‎07-23-2010

Well just another example of the reasons why QVC is no longer a go to place to shop for me, regardless of all of the hype they have going on about "all the joy, none of the hassles".  It is not hassle free any longer.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor
Posts: 23,805
Registered: ‎03-20-2010

@GinaV24 wrote:

Well just another example of the reasons why QVC is no longer a go to place to shop for me, regardless of all of the hype they have going on about "all the joy, none of the hassles".  It is not hassle free any longer.


@GinaV24  I hope QVC does not start offering their "guaranteed to arrive by Christmas" promotion.....because it didn't work out because UPS just couldn't handle the HUGE volume of business received, so QVC's promise was unfulfilled along with many other online retailers !!!!  I can't warn people enough if you wait until late in the season---SHOP LOCALLY FOLKS!!!

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor
Posts: 5,869
Registered: ‎03-09-2010

@SPURT wrote:

There were some articles posted that described QVC's warehouse and distribution---and how some merchandise is shipped from the manufacturer OR from a QVC regional warehouse---which explains why sometimes you receive merchandise quickly, while other times it seems they have been sent by carrier pigeon or pony express.......

 

And get ready folks---you will see tons of threads from the last minute shoppers complaining how they ordered those last minute gifts that didn't arrive in time for Christmas (BOO HOO!).....They need to claim RESPONSIBILITY for waiting until the LAST MINUTE to do their shopping....SHOP ONLINE EARLY as the OP mentioned or if your budget makes you hold out until the last minute, then SHOP LOCALLY so you can be sure gifts are there for Christmas....!!! 


 

Amen, Spurt.  I thought of this yesterday as I looked at a new foot of snow on the ground.  

 

Why anyone orders online in December is beyond me.  IMO, If someone can't plan better than last minute or shop local, stop whining when it doesn't get there by Christmas.  

Highlighted
Honored Contributor
Posts: 23,805
Registered: ‎03-20-2010

Re: A Word to the Wise

[ Edited ]

@CalmInTheHeart wrote:

@SPURT wrote:

There were some articles posted that described QVC's warehouse and distribution---and how some merchandise is shipped from the manufacturer OR from a QVC regional warehouse---which explains why sometimes you receive merchandise quickly, while other times it seems they have been sent by carrier pigeon or pony express.......

 

And get ready folks---you will see tons of threads from the last minute shoppers complaining how they ordered those last minute gifts that didn't arrive in time for Christmas (BOO HOO!).....They need to claim RESPONSIBILITY for waiting until the LAST MINUTE to do their shopping....SHOP ONLINE EARLY as the OP mentioned or if your budget makes you hold out until the last minute, then SHOP LOCALLY so you can be sure gifts are there for Christmas....!!! 


 

Amen, Spurt.  I thought of this yesterday as I looked at a new foot of snow on the ground.  

 

Why anyone orders online in December is beyond me.  IMO, If someone can't plan better than last minute or shop local, stop whining when it doesn't get there by Christmas.  


@CalmInTheHeart  Hi CALMIN!!!  These days the word RESPONSIBILITY is a dirty word......and I think in most cases this delay in gift buying is due more to laziness and procrastination rather than lack of funds......

 

I have a friend who we crowned as THE QUEEN OF PROCRASTINATION and she will admit it herself ..... I remember it was Christmas Eve 5:30 PM  the stores close at 6:00 PM and there she was at the jewelry counter of a Department Store trying to find some earrings for her stepmom (and of course everything had been picked over and mostly sold out) ....and she really likes her step mom, knew what she wanted, but she was just too lazy to get out and about and get it done, funds and time were not the problem ....so she was stuck in grabbing any old thing... And how easy would it have been in October/November to go to their website and order the gift online ahead of time and have it done!!!----

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”