Esteemed Contributor

@Spurt

They are absolutely going to start all of that nonsense about their guaranteed delivery. It drives me crazy because things happen, and right after Christmas there will be several threads about how QVC ruined peoples Christmas.

No, all of the people that wait until the last minute and try to order something online ruined their own Christmas. Even, if it's due to financial reasons that someone may be forced to wait, than the simple solution to that problem would be to shop locally.

Honored Contributor

@Spurt wrote:

@GinaV24 wrote:

Well just another example of the reasons why QVC is no longer a go to place to shop for me, regardless of all of the hype they have going on about "all the joy, none of the hassles".  It is not hassle free any longer.

@GinaV24  I hope QVC does not start offering their "guaranteed to arrive by Christmas" promotion.....because it didn't work out because UPS just couldn't handle the HUGE volume of business received, so QVC's promise was unfulfilled along with many other online retailers !!!!  I can't warn people enough if you wait until late in the season---SHOP LOCALLY FOLKS!!!

@Spurt @GinaV24 Well of course they'll begin offering their guarantee and yes, like clockwork and as noted, the day after Christmas there'll be the rash of posts about how QVC 'ruined my Christmas'... Not even crocodile tears for that ilk... Agree, if you wait until the last minute, regardless of your reasons why... and regardless of what they guarantee... then shop locally to ensure you have a gift to give.

Personally, I no longer have to worry about whether or not gifts ordered from QVC will arrive on time. I haven't seen anything offered here I'd really want to give anyone as a gift. For the first time in many years, QVC was a virtual non-starter as a holiday gift resource. Most of my holiday gift shopping has pretty much been done locally or via other resources offering a better mix of products, better prices, sales and better shipping costs.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

Re: A Word to the Wise

[ Edited ]

@stevieb wrote:

@Spurt wrote:

@GinaV24 wrote:

Well just another example of the reasons why QVC is no longer a go to place to shop for me, regardless of all of the hype they have going on about "all the joy, none of the hassles".  It is not hassle free any longer.

@GinaV24  I hope QVC does not start offering their "guaranteed to arrive by Christmas" promotion.....because it didn't work out because UPS just couldn't handle the HUGE volume of business received, so QVC's promise was unfulfilled along with many other online retailers !!!!  I can't warn people enough if you wait until late in the season---SHOP LOCALLY FOLKS!!!

@Spurt @GinaV24 Well of course they'll begin offering their guarantee and yes, like clockwork and as noted, the day after Christmas there'll be the rash of posts about how QVC 'ruined my Christmas'... Not even crocodile tears for that ilk... Agree, if you wait until the last minute, regardless of your reasons why... and regardless of what they guarantee... then shop locally to ensure you have a gift to give.

Personally, I no longer have to worry about whether or not gifts ordered from QVC will arrive on time. I haven't seen anything offered here I'd really want to give anyone as a gift. For the first time in many years, QVC was a virtual non-starter as a holiday gift resource. Most of my holiday gift shopping has pretty much been done locally or via other resources offering a better mix of products, better prices, sales and better shipping costs.

@stevieb@GinaV24 @icezeus  .I love to shop, and love to spoil my sis, and 2 other family members, and a few friends and 2 co-workers who are dear to me, but I was a bit irked because the announcement was made a bit late regarding the decision to give a token gift this year. My gift list, has really shrunk to just a few, so AFTER Black Friday, I'll be there when the stores/malls open to complete my list that Monday or Tuesday.....But NO QVC!!! .Woman Very Happy

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”