Honored Contributor

Re: A SNOOZEFEST WEEKEND! AND ACATEMY AWARDS!

On 2/23/2015 MJDinHawaii said:
On 2/21/2015 SPURT said:
On 2/20/2015 MJDinHawaii said: Great preview! Thanks, Spurt! No surprise but I guess I won't be watching much this weekend! Love the kitty pix!

Hi MJD.....so how are you doing! thanks for you nice words.....glad you like the kitty pix.

I thought of you while watching the Westminster Dog Show when they judged the Westie....beautiful dog that won the breed! I hope everything is going well for you in HI.....and I bet some of the folks are jealous since you never have to worry about shoveling snow {#emotions_dlg.laugh}Wink.

Have a wonderful NON-Q weekend!

Hi, Spurt! I've been away a bit having to make a trip back to the Houston area for my Dad's funeral in January. Wouldn't you know...coldest week in Houston since the 80s but got to see all my siblings and their families, so overall a good trip even though the occasion was sad. It's been warm here on the Big Island, although cool at night (lower 60s, although one night into the low 50s). Really can't beat the winters here!

Hi MJD---my condolences to you about your dad. It was nice that you were to be able to see your family though.

Our Texas weather has been a bit crazy guess---you must've missed the couple days where the high was 82 and 84....then we got the cold weather...it's been like a roller coaster... it starts to warm up, then we get another cold artic blast.....but I enjoy the cold weather...I just don't like ice...and we've been lucky the sleet and ice have been north of us...

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

Re: A SNOOZEFEST WEEKEND! AND ACATEMY AWARDS!

On 2/22/2015 stevieb said:
On 2/22/2015 SPURT said:
On 2/21/2015 stevieb said:
On 2/21/2015 SPURT said:
On 2/21/2015 stevieb said:

Cute post, Spurt, and I'm an odds on favorite to be watching neither the Q's rotten, stinking line-up nor the Oscars. They're both pretty boring, but as always, the edge (and the Oscar) goes to QVC...

Wink

Hey Stevie.....

I'm not a real fan of today's films (I'm a TCM fan---I prefer movies from the 40's---better plots, and better acting...JMHO) ....And I just don't think today's actresses are very glamorous/stylish so not even worth it to check in to see what everyone is wearing...(more about who can show the most skin)....And these awards are more about Gollywood's hidden agendas and who knows who, rather than who is most deserving..... and as you stated, the event is pretty boring as well....The only good thing is no one will have to endure hearing that song from FROZEN sung again!!!! And QVC's offerings are just as LOUSY!!!! I mean how many Apple demos do they expect one to endure.....{#emotions_dlg.sneaky}

A weird thing on AM Style---when Leah was presenting a GILI item she kind of stumbled and bumbled on how GILI originated.......she finally said "a lot of people" were involved in the developing the styles, which were more of a take on European Fashion....it was like she was almost AFRAID to mention Lisa's name and her involvement....{#emotions_dlg.rolleyes} So I think that killed "the theories" that Lisa is coming back as a GILI vendor...or at least that is my take!!! But it was strange that on Lisa's FB she was giving a plug for Philosophy's "Hope In A Tube" and said it was the TSV and even mentioned it was on easy pay {#emotions_dlg.laugh}{#emotions_dlg.laugh}.....It's like the old saying...you can take the girl our of the country, but you can't take the country out of the girl...Wink There's also a thread on what a disaster Q's Red Carpet Show was last night (happily I didn't watch it).....yep Lisa you are sure missed (no glamour here)....someone said it was like a PTA Group putting on a Red Carpet Show...{#emotions_dlg.lol}

Oy Spurt, this breaking in a new computer stuff is SO for the birds... More on that at a later date, once I get used to the new keyboard and every other word isn't a typo... But agree about todays's films and today's 'stars'... such as they are. Sort of like today's television.

As for GILI, I think 'corporate' has put the gag order on any mention of Lisa... When she first departed (smart girl) they clearly still invoked her name to sel; the stuff, but lately it's been most notable by its absence, as the saying goes. I'd guess TPTB don't want to remind folks that she flew the coop and no, I never did think her return in whatever capacity was likely... And Lisa can sing the praises of Philosophy 'till the cows come home and I'm not watching (or buying...) the bucket of suds... Actually, I've noted her touting surprisingly few things on her new FB page and I think when she does, it's more about the vendors being personal friends...

Now, as for that dog show... The Beagle was lovely... for a Beagle, but the simple truth is that the Springer was robbed!

{#emotions_dlg.ohmy} {#emotions_dlg.mad} Wink

Hey STEVIE.....now don't tell me....you subscribe to Insider Magazine and got to order today's Apple TSV before it was aired..... {#emotions_dlg.biggrin}Wink.....

As for the dog show...as that Springer pranced around the show ring I thought that was indeed a BEAUTIFUL dog!!!! A very dear friend had a Spring, her name was Chula....very sweet too...so I DO like Springers and wouldn't have been upset if she had won!!!! ....

You're probably right that Lisa puts in a plug for her personal friends that are QVC vendors.....

Since I'm in a movie mode...the situation with Lisa reminded me of the movie, THE TEN COMMANDMENTS (Cecile B. Demille version) when the Pharaoh says that the name of Moses is STRICKEN:

" Let the name of Moses be stricken from every book and tablet, stricken from all pylons and obelisks, stricken from every monument of Egypt. Let the name of Moses be unheard and unspoken, erased from the memory of men for all time."

And so the name of LISA ROBERTSON is STRICKEN from QVC!!!!! {#emotions_dlg.scared} Stricken from their Facebook, stricken from on air TV mention.....But hey they missed something some of her blogs are still there---her farewell and Christmas blogs....so I guess NOT totally stricken afterall....never mind....{#emotions_dlg.laugh}{#emotions_dlg.biggrin} But I think it's funny because some people on the Forums want a Lisa category{#emotions_dlg.confused1}---I guess so some can snark....but I've seen quite a few saying she is missed and there is a void and I think we will be seeing more of that type of post as time goes on!!! And I think her departure was a BIG BIG LOSS to QVC!!!!

So has your area gotten a lot of the snow and cold weather? It has been a roller coaster here....a few days of highs in te 70's even a couple days in the 80's (way too early for that).....then the highs will drop and be 40's or 50's....then back up...why a few areas of the city even spotted a couple of flurries....and Tuesday is supposed to be "interesting" but we both know how WRONG these weather forecasters can be....{#emotions_dlg.glare}

But that I could afford Apple... and if I could, I wouldn't buy it here... It's probably a two year old 'made for Q' version... No, somehow I managed to miss the Q all week... so didn't buy my computer here... I mean, really, why would I!? I really just don't watch anymore... Not that I won't IF they ever have an interesting program hosted by a tolerable host (fat chance), but since that hasn't been the case... Actually Friday wasn't such bad programming, but I was busy and didn't watch. And you KNOW I haven't watched at all this weekend...

The Springer was robbed... I love them! And really, I know the supposedly 'expert' judges are looking for very specific criteria, but I don't care... The Springer was canine perfection!

Yes, I do believe mention of the host formerly known as Lisa is now verboten. I remember when she first left, they invoked her name at every turn when selling GILI... Now, it's like when the Russian leaders wanted to re-write history... But I think the request for a Lisa forum might have been sarcastically made... Some 'claim' to be fed up with all of the threads she still engenders... but I'm not so sure... Agree, she is sorely missed by many viewers and most assuredly should be by QVC...

Weather-wise, we had a lovely snowfall Monday of last week... About six inches... Enough to be meaningful and pretty but not enough to snarl everything for days... Toward the end of the week, the weather idiots started their prophecies of doom and gloom... As it turned out, we had a few hours of snow yesterday that didn't amount to much... It changed to sleet and then rain, so it was nasty, but the temperature warmed up so much today that it didn't amount to a hill of, uh, stuff... Yes indeed Spurt, weather idiot strikes again! It's supposed to turn off quite cold for most of the week, and last week was very cold... Anyone thinking spring is right around the corner would appear to be wrong...

{#emotions_dlg.biggrin}

Hey STEVIE....well how are you adapting to your new laptop? How do you like Windows 8.1?

They showed the DC/VA area snow and it looked beautiful, but they mentioned it was not fun at all for driving as the locals aren't used to driving in the snow...(and that can be a nightmare!!!) Yep those stupid weather forecasters!!!! Ours are in top form too-- prophecies of possible ice and sleet---one channel saying Friday, the other saying Saturday morning....and the other saying just rain....they can't even AGREE!!! Then a warm up to the upper 70's by next Monday....we'll see....{#emotions_dlg.sneaky}

Oh darn it....I missed the Jim Shore....I looked online and bought the basket with the woodland animals....but the piece from FROZEN...I just "LET IT GO"...{#emotions_dlg.rolleyes}{#emotions_dlg.laugh}Wink{#emotions_dlg.biggrin}. Poor Jim...he has that partnership with Disney, and unfortunately the Disney people are talking like that was the only animated film they ever made....saying it's been OVERHYPED is an understatement {#emotions_dlg.glare}

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”