Honored Contributor

Re: A SNOOZEFEST WEEKEND! AND ACATEMY AWARDS!

So, is everybody looking forward to a day of Oreck on Saturday and a day of 'outdoor, uh, tools...' on Sunday, when the chief tool will be wrapping up the day...? Oh, and there's another all day jewelry day on, you guessed it, a Friday. Shaking my head in wonderment... as I so often do these days.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Esteemed Contributor

On 2/21/2015 SPURT said:
On 2/21/2015 Kachina624 said: I'd rather watch mattresses and computers than a day of Philosophy. An hour of watching them make suds will cause your eyes to glaze over.

Hi Kachina....I don't know.....given the choice about any of the choices---mattresses, computers, or Philosophy.....I would take NONE OF THE ABOVE!!! And yes the infamous bowl of suds and extra long demos does cause one's eyes to glaze over {#emotions_dlg.laugh}

If I didn't have Netflix, I'd choose this:

Image result for TV TEST PATTERN

{#emotions_dlg.laugh}

Esteemed Contributor

SPURT, Please remind me, is Jasper your cat?

What a cutie...

Honored Contributor

Not Spurt, but no, Jasper is ITKWD Mary's cat. Spurt's cats are tuxedo cats, Figgy and Puddin'...

Esteemed Contributor

On 2/24/2015 stevieb said:

Not Spurt, but no, Jasper is ITKWD Mary's cat. Spurt's cats are tuxedo cats, Figgy and Puddin'...

Thanks, stevie. So many cats, so little time to read all the replies...

{#emotions_dlg.blush} Smile

Honored Contributor

On 2/24/2015 SHOPR said:
On 2/24/2015 stevieb said:

Thanks, stevie. So many cats, so little time to read all the replies...

{#emotions_dlg.blush} Smile

Wink

Honored Contributor

On 2/24/2015 SHOPR said:
On 2/21/2015 SPURT said:
On 2/21/2015 Kachina624 said: I'd rather watch mattresses and computers than a day of Philosophy. An hour of watching them make suds will cause your eyes to glaze over.

Hi Kachina....I don't know.....given the choice about any of the choices---mattresses, computers, or Philosophy.....I would take NONE OF THE ABOVE!!! And yes the infamous bowl of suds and extra long demos does cause one's eyes to glaze over {#emotions_dlg.laugh}

If I didn't have Netflix, I'd choose this:

Image result for TV TEST PATTERN

{#emotions_dlg.laugh}

Hi SHOPR....I bet there would be no contest on who would get the higher ratings....hands down...PLEASE STAND BY in a landslide!!!!{#emotions_dlg.laugh}

And Jasper is a cutie....he seems to have a cute personality too from the photos Mary posts...

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

On 2/22/2015 teganslaw said:

I watched about a half hour of QVC today. They were showing Vionic footwear and talking about sandals for summer. Maybe it's fine for those living in the South, but I have no interest in seeing sandals when it's going to be only 10 degrees tomorrow. Why talk about summer items when spring isn't even here yet? We only have about 4 inches of snow, but the extreme cold is returning, so it's a bit early to think about summer.

I didn't watch the Westminster dog show. One of my Bridge cats, Quentin, liked to watch it; he would sit for more than an hour staring at all the dogs in the ring. For some reason, that was the only thing he liked to watch. Since he's gone, I haven't seen the show. Although the Beagle, Miss P., is adorable!

I did watch part of the NFL Scouting Combine. It will be interesting to see the order of the draft picks later.

Hi TEGAN.....how are ya! I just don't understand the Q and their fashions...as you mentioned it's a tad early for sandals (even here our weather is up and down--- one day in the 40's and maybe 70's for a couple days, now we are back down to the 40's for the high with a chance of sleet...), but also QVC goes crazy with CAPRIS, CAPRIS, CAPRIS!!!! They are even showing CAPRIS with sweatshirts and sweaters!!!! What an odd combination!!! And even if it was warm enough for capris I would certainly want short sleeves or sleeveless tops!!!! QVC is so strange exactly which market are they trying to sell too!!! {#emotions_dlg.laugh}

Oh well Quentin sounds like he had quite an interesting personality...who knew cats would so interested in TV......{#emotions_dlg.laugh}My sister's cat likes to watch TV....she watches that show--TOO CUTE on Animal Planet when they show the kittens and puppies playing....she really gets into it...{#emotions_dlg.laugh}

I didn't watch any of the combine this year....but I heard all the commentary about the 2 QB's....come on please....if Winston was as good as your Andrew Luck, then he wouldn't have lost to Oregon....{#emotions_dlg.sneaky}(not a fan). So who are the Colts looking at...mock drafts have my team looking at a DE---Shane or Fowler....can't wait for the draft, it will be strange having it in Chicago rather than NY.

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

On 2/23/2015 mewsmomtoo said: HAHA - just noticed that your title said "A-cat-emy" Awards instead of "Academy". Very clever! My weekend was Q free, except for checking out the IM TSV tonight (dont like it) - Spent Saturday at the big Scottsdale Arabian Show, enjoyed perfect weather, beautiful horses and friendly people. Met two ladies from Austin, TX who helped start and run a horse therapy program in Dripping Springs. They help children and veterans. It was the nicest day I have had in a long time :-)

Hi MEWS---It sounds like you had a wonderful time in Arizona. I've heard about the horse therapy programs and how much they help the children and veterans. Animals seem to really sense emotions and they seem to know how to bring comfort to people.

Honored Contributor

On 2/23/2015 Daysdee said:

Awards show was boring; QVC is boring every day but especially on the weekends.

You got that right DAYSDEE!!!....