Super Contributor

A Question About "The Letter"

I am not one who frequently cancels an order. However, if I order something on auto delivery I have cancelled after the first delivery - especially if the item didn't impress me. I'm not unhappy enought to return it but I don't want anymore of that item.  I wonder if the auto delivery cancellations count the same as cancelling a one time order. Will that get me "the letter?"

Esteemed Contributor

Re: A Question About "The Letter"

First, I opened this thread thinking of the Bette Davis movie, "The Letter".

But no, @ChouChou , I've never heard of cancelling auto deliveries being a problem. 

Respected Contributor

@ChouChou  I have cancelled many one time and auto-delivery orders over the years because I did not like, found something better, or found the same item for a better price elsewhere.

I have rarely returned an auto-delivery unless I wanted to try another scent or it was damaged. I have cancelled many orders and have never received a letter from QVC. 

Honored Contributor

I wouldn’t keep things I don’t like just to prevent getting that letter.If I do so be it.There are many other places to shop and some have better prices and for sure better salesI noticed other retailers are offering easy pay too.

Trusted Contributor

I wouldn't consider cancellation of future autodeliveries to be the same as the returning orders or cancelling a large amount of orders.

Although I only have a couple autodeliveries, I often will go in and change the shipping frequency or skip shipments altogether.

Respected Contributor

Pretty sure that "the letter" is when QVC cuts you off because of too many returns, not for cancellation of orders that have not yet shipped or arrived.

Honored Contributor

@PhilaLady1 wrote:

Pretty sure that "the letter" is when QVC cuts you off because of too many returns, not for cancellation of orders that have not yet shipped or arrived.

According to some posters in the past, cancellations do count against you also.  I don't know if the auto-delivery cancellations were included in those discussions.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@geezerette wrote:

@PhilaLady1 wrote:

According to some posters in the past, cancellations do count against you also.  I don't know if the auto-delivery cancellations were included in those discussions.

Yes, several posters got dinged for canceling too many orders together with their returns. They must have hit the threshold that triggers the letter.

Honored Contributor

I cancel as much as I order after reading reviews, guess I should read the reviews first.LOL Seriously, I do cancel quite a bit and return about half of what I buy and still no letter. Please, send me the letter and put me out of my QVC addiction.

Contributor

Seems to me canceling is a better alternative to returning!

I don't order items with the intention of returning but if I order an item and, "for whatever reason", decide I need to return it - I DO! That is the downside of online shopping folks! I always return in new, unused condition so it shouldn't matter. PLUS, it costs me original shipping AND a return label fee just to 'try on' an item therefore I don't see the problem!  So if I'm 'fired' as a Q card customer, so be it. Plenty of other places to spend my $$$!