Honored Contributor

QVC thinks different from some of its customers, to help you with your shopping "experience" here are QVC definitions

1. NEW---Now I must warn you even though you've seen an item many many times if they add a new pattern or color the ENTIRE ITEM IS CONSIDERED "NEW"......For example, I know many of you have been thrilled over the Reed and Barton ice cream demonstration over the years, but when QVC introduces a different pattern it's considered "NEW" .....I know, I know it's STILL Reed and Barton, and it's still flatware...but a couple of added scrolls here and there make if totally "different" in QVC's eyes.....

2. ENTERTAINMENT-I know many customers use their free time to attend movies, plays, concerts, or sporting events or even viewing their favorite TV programs...all performed by highly skilled PROFESSIONALS who devote their lives to rehersals and refining their craft. BUT QVC has it's own definition.... put on some gyrating, dancing vendors, hosts, and models....have the host crack a few jokes, and "entertainment" doesnt get better than this.....

3. FRIENDS-Now a friend is someone that you laugh with, cry with, celebrate the best of times, or sympathize in the worst of times.....they're there when you need them. In QVC's eyes a "friend" is a QVC host that SELLS YOU A PRODUCT, or chat with on Facebook......but beware of those online relationships........the host will NOT care if the product doesn't perform, (use QVC's no questions asked return policy), they cannot expedite delivery,nor can they improve quality or bring back an item that was on waitlist.....as one of them was heard to say to a customer inquiry..."I'm just a small cog in a big organization". SO BE WARNED---true blue friend...NAAAAH!!!! Learn from the Notre Dame Teo story.....

4. NEW SHOW---QVC comes up with enticing, eye and ear catching shows to get you to turn in....BUT CUSTOMER BEWARE---this is just a cleaver way to disguise programming to show the same old boring products---WATCH OUT--for titles

such as

"MASTER BEDROOM"---you will see yet again that sleep number bed.....

"WHAT A GIRL WANTS"--I its beauty, clothing purses, and jewelry that NO ONE WANTS and maybe hasnt sold well......maybe they need to ask WHAT A WOMAN WANTS!

"CUSTOMER FAVORITES"---I wanna know WHAT CUSTOMERS picked 7 hours of electronics, nutrisystems, mattresses, Susan Graver and bronzo/drusy jewelry---maybe those that have INSOMNIA and needed a sleep remedy.....

"ANYTHING GOES WITH RICK AND SHAWN" ----I'd like to tell QVC where I'd like this show to go!!!!

"COMFORTS OF HOME"---throws, blankets, Dennis Basso faux fur items.....and wait for it...vacuum clearners, floor cleaners, air purifiers.....

"JOY OF GIVING"---hope everyone enjoyed the BORING Christmas lineup of that flash game, electronics, and dare I say it....sometimes dangeorous Bethlehem Light products...a more appropriare name would have been "JOY OF RETURNING"......and then there is that little issue of promising Christmas delivery and NOT keeping their promise....don't think those customers or receipients were"joyful".

"SUNDAYS WITH CAROLYN AND DAN"....Now I must say I do like Carolyn and Dan as hosts...but come on these poor folks ....every weekend QVC rotates either a PC, Vaccum, Blender, and repeats and repeats....repeats.....a sure way to entice those new customers QVC

"IN THE KITCHEN WITH DAVID"---I USED TO be fan of this show...they used to show interesting and different kitchen gadgets you couldnt find anywhere else....now its the same ole thing---food chopper, blenders (Vitamxi, Ninja, Montel Williams), pressure cooker, temptations, cookware, and silicon splatter lid.....entices you to go OUT TO DINNER and away from this SHOW!!! And then they load up the entire crew to go to Aspen to show these same exiciting products---while the scenary may be different, unfortunately the products are NOT!

COMPARISON ITEMS-QVC does not know the meaning of equivalent...Buyer beware.....For example, QVC will bring out a plastic cup with straw....they will scream what a great value it is ...... and so you can "compare" they will go to the most exprensive kitchen store and show a plastic thermal lined cup (they wont mention that difference) but they will mention no straw.....their cup is in a set for $4, while the "comparable" cup is $14.99 for one cup.....they need to search for a TRUE COMPARISON....the true equivalent of the cups were on sale at my grocery store for $1 each and no shipping and handling!!!!! Or another favorite is Temptations....who can get a whole set of ceramic baking items for $19.99 not including shipping and handling ......the comparison is one piece of Fiesta ware which costs $40....but ya get what you've paid for because customers have had Fiesta for many many years, no problems with cracking, bursting appart or defeciences in the coating of the ceramic coming off...So YOU GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR!!! (read some of the items in the KITCHEN FORUM)

FASHION SHOW EVENTS--VARIOUS TITLES---Well at least QVC provides some comedy relief as they go all the way to New York City for the "big" fashion even, and the show is broadcast from a FAKE New York City set......{#emotions_dlg.lol}. Then we have the "fake" oscar and red carpet shows....And don't get too exicited about these shows,because the so called "designers" are celebrities that have no clue and you can bet a lot will soon be on clearance.....

SO BEWARE QVC CUSTOMERS!!! USE THIS DICTIONARY WITH CONFIDENCE.

Im sure some of you can add what I forgot......PEACE! {#emotions_dlg.thumbup1}

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”