Honored Contributor

Re: A QVC CHRISTMAS CAROL ----OR----WHAT WOULD SCROOGE THINK?

Your experience sounds like a nightmare, spurt! If and when I need a new laptop, I'll get it at Costco, as in the past.

Speaking of laptops...the TS at HSN is also a laptop today! Make it stop!

I'll be heading out to a few local stores this afternoon to shop for gifts for those on my list. I think I've done all I can online, unless something new, or a real deal, comes along.

Frequent Contributor

Spurt, you are a national treasure. My week is not complete until I've read your weekwnd precap. I'll admit, I had a tiny bit of hope that Q might have a new.look come the first of the year. But a glavce at the program guide for the first 4 days of January quickly disabused me of that notion.Jan 1 and 2 are the usual diet and exercise stuff, Jan 3 is Ortho/Vionic and Jan 4 is Vitamix. Just shoot me now.
Honored Contributor

I somehow missed "Sprouts" in the past. I just checked it out,and what an odd assortment of products!

This is one of the "winners":

Rapid Ramen Set of 2 Microwavable Ramen Noodle Cookers - L39697It's a set of microwave ramen noodle cookers! Just what we need to cook our Christmas dinner with my husband's relatives.{#emotions_dlg.crying}

Esteemed Contributor

I love it, SPURT. Thank you for the little bit of history (much of which was before my time) and funny commentary and pics.

Esteemed Contributor

On 12/13/2014 september said:

I somehow missed "Sprouts" in the past. I just checked it out,and what an odd assortment of products!

This is one of the "winners":

Rapid Ramen Set of 2 Microwavable Ramen Noodle Cookers - L39697It's a set of microwave ramen noodle cookers! Just what we need to cook our Christmas dinner with my husband's relatives.{#emotions_dlg.crying}

Wow, September! I've never had ramen noodles, but does one really need a "ramen noodle cooker"? {#emotions_dlg.blink} That's over the top even for QVC! {#emotions_dlg.laugh}{#emotions_dlg.lol} I just know you're going to get them to use for your Christmas dinner!{#emotions_dlg.biggrin}

Esteemed Contributor

On 12/12/2014 gardensla said:

Ouch. The truth hurts.

Betting they're right now pre-planning how to spin 4th quarter results.

And there's all the income from the recent gift card promo, which was a good thing, but doesn't mean that those of us who bought them are supporting their end of year offerings... I will be saving my codes for next year it appears.

Esteemed Contributor

I got a little excited when I saw the Reduced S&H banner at the top. Only just over 200 items across all the categories? How disappointing.

Esteemed Contributor

There was a post somewhere about a Vitamix blender costing $500. I thought that had to be a slight exaggeration, that the person was using sarcasm. So I checked it out, and was surprised that a blender cost so much. (OK, it's more than a blender) And there were dozens of positive reviews. For $500 I would expect the Vitamix to do my housework, fix my car, buy my groceries, do the cooking, etc. I guess there is still things I don't know about QVC.

Also, what is suppose to be so special about the Logo-Lock? I know there are shoppers who like Dooneys , but I don't understand why the Logo-Lock is advertised so much. Is it part of the design that marks the handbag's quality? Maybe one of a kind type of design? I have nothing against those handbags, just am curious about that.

"The more I learn about people, the more I like my dog."

Mark Twain
Honored Contributor

On 12/13/2014 teganslaw said:

There was a post somewhere about a Vitamix blender costing $500. I thought that had to be a slight exaggeration, that the person was using sarcasm. So I checked it out, and was surprised that a blender cost so much. (OK, it's more than a blender) And there were dozens of positive reviews. For $500 I would expect the Vitamix to do my housework, fix my car, buy my groceries, do the cooking, etc. I guess there is still things I don't know about QVC.

Also, what is suppose to be so special about the Logo-Lock? I know there are shoppers who like Dooneys , but I don't understand why the Logo-Lock is advertised so much. Is it part of the design that marks the handbag's quality? Maybe one of a kind type of design? I have nothing against those handbags, just am curious about that.

Oh the Logo Lock... I can't speak intelligently about the morethanablender because I don't own one, don't want to own one and agree that for the price of that thing it better darned sight be WAY more than a blender... But about that logo lock bag... They have sold thousands and thousands of them... (I think the actual figure is over a hundred thousand) and they keep bringing it back over and over again, in scads of colors... There have been significant problems reported with the lock itself, but go figure, women love it... To me, it's on the bulky side and sort of resembles a feedbag, but still, it keeps on selling... It's an 'exclusive' to Q bag, which might explain why they keep presenting it over and over and over again... This is not a bag that Dooney lovers can buy anywhere else... It also comes with a very cool kiss lock coin purse and some people honestly order the bag to get the coin purse... Go figure. Another of the big selling points is that again, it does come in some fabulous colors and, of course, the Q keeps stocking it, so unlike a lot of 'favorite bags' it's generally available... I'm so sick of seeing that bag presented that when I do tune in to a Dooney show, as soon as it shows up, I turn the channel and you can pretty much count on it showing up in every single solitary Dooney and Bourke show...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

On 12/13/2014 september said:

Your experience sounds like a nightmare, spurt! If and when I need a new laptop, I'll get it at Costco, as in the past.

Speaking of laptops...the TS at HSN is also a laptop today! Make it stop!

I'll be heading out to a few local stores this afternoon to shop for gifts for those on my list. I think I've done all I can online, unless something new, or a real deal, comes along.

Hi September.....oh it was a NIGHTMARE alright!!! And the reason I did not send it back immediately was due to the fact that friends and co-workers said that they had ordered from Dell directly from their website and had issues....minor problems they said that were easily fixed.....and then when I heard horror stories about some of the other brands, so I just thought....well better go with a known problem, then an unknown..BIG MISTAKE!..but what's the saying....FOOL ME ONCE---SHAME ON YOU, FOOL ME TWICE---SHAME ON ME....never gonna happen again!

I hope you found everything on your list and had an enjoyable shopping day LOCALLY!

HSN seems at times to mirror what QVC is doing.....I was flipping the channels saw what you did--- their HP PC Today's (NOT SO)Special and quickly moved right along.......I wonder if a merger is really in the future...

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”