Honored Contributor

Re: A New QVC Host Begins Soon

She is very beautiful.  I'd like to see her host some beauty shows, and I hope that she maintains poise & doesn't get entangled in the goofy, silly, loud, obnoxiousness traits we currently see in some.

Time is just a drop in the bucket compared to eternity. It isn’t how long you live that matters; it is how well you are prepared to die. ~~Colonel Robert B. Thieme, Jr.
Contributor

Agreed!  I don't watch QVC because of the hosts. Except for Julia Cearly, Amy Stran, Sandra Bennett & Katrina, who unfortunately has left QVC. Not all but many of the female hosts are either too "talky", saying a lot of nothing or so narcissistic (CK & SK in particular - ugh!) it is nauseating.  These hosts do not have even an inkling of knowledge about style or the products they are hawking.  I can't stand even hearing their voices so I don't watch even if there is something I am very interested in.  I just shop online & get the info on the product since as other contributors have noted, hosts are more interested in talking about themselves than talking details about the products.  And, adding a female host's name to a product as if she actually is a designer of jewelry or clothing or reading glasses/sunnies is ridiculous - they really must think we are beyond STUPID.  It really would be much better to get rid of the hosts and let the reps of the vendors do the presentations of products.  Those people are the experts on the product who know what a prospective buyer needs to know by providing the details, and all without the idiotic banter.  I hope QVC is listening.  After all, aren't they interested in selling ??????

Frequent Contributor

[ Edited ]

If I am correct she used to be the traffic reporter on the morning shows on NBC 4 and then went to Fox 5 and then to channel 7.  I thought how weird she can't stay in one place.

Respected Contributor

@Caaareful Shopper wrote:

Some may remember Stacey Rusch.  She used to be Susan Graver's substitute host a few years ago.  Gorgeous, classy, and had a wonderful presence.  Susan said she taught her yoga back in the day as well.

Stacey has been working pretty regularly for DC area news programs.

She announced that she is a new QVC host.  No starting date given, or how far into her training she's had.

05C79F5C-83BD-4CA2-950A-9FA22AAD21FE.jpeg 

I live in the DC area and can't recall seeing her.  Wonder what channel?

Honored Contributor

i am fine with all of the male hosts currently on the air, but i do agree that we could use some new male hosts added into the mix!

wishing the new host or hosts good luck and hoping they have a long and happy career with qvc.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Respected Contributor

@betteD wrote:

If I am correct she used to be the traffic reported on the morning shows on NBC 4 and then went to Fox 5 and then to channel 7.  I thought how weird she can't stay in one place.

Thanks.  That's why i don't know her.  Dont commute and tune out when traffic reporter comes on.  

Honored Contributor

@Shawnie 

she worked for WJLA and WTTG.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

for those of you who watch real housewives, she reminds me a little of KENYA from rhoa.

Respected Contributor

Did someone say they wanted to see more male eye-candy (that's hilarious!)... I wonder if Jeff Hewson is still available to return to the Q? 

Respected Contributor

If Julia Cearley mentors anyone, I hope they learn everything NOT to do. Cearley is unbearable.