Honored Contributor

Re: A New QVC Host Begins Soon

@781Florist wrote:

There are things make different hosts the favorites or the major dislikes to almost everyone who watches HSN or QVC. (I leave out Evine and JTV because they are SO low rent they don't count!)

I really thought we were evolving into a better society where age and beauty were not the things that defined our worth.

I have many favorite hosts who are in the "younger" strata, such as Rachel and Alberti on QVC and Marlo over on HSN.  There are youngish hosts who make me want to hop into the woodchipper,,,,looking at you kitchen Mary and pajama Shawn!

Older hosts are just the same.  I love me some MaryBeth and Carolyn.  Dan is very boring as far as I am concerned. I used to like JT a lot, but she has changed. I wish she would stop trying to be so hip and embrace her age.

The hosts who fall in the middle....same thing!  I really like David on the Q and Callie, Amy and Suzanne on HSN.  Shannon and Colleen are a hard pass. Really hard pass!

So at least as far as I can see, personality is what means the most to me.  I know that sales performance is what matters to the guys upstairs.  Those things and those things ALONE should determine who gets to stay and who goes.  

Watch who you like.  Don't watch who you don't and let the marketplace determine what shakes out.  Shame on anybody who counts age or physical attractiveness against people.

You're taking the comment about arm candy and age too seriously!  

Respected Contributor

The new host is lovely in the photo.  Now, about her VOICE.  Does she have a good broadcasting VOICE?  There is one QVC host who is labeled "adorable" by her followers.  She is petite.  We are told she"looks good in anything she wears."  I don't know about that.  What I do know is her voice is not fit for on-air broadcasting.  This particular "adorable" host now presents herself as a designer.  I am hoping she is still employed by QVC, but as a designer, in a behind-the-scenes role only. 

So, to me, as a QVC customer, a good, resonant, ear-pleasing VOICE is an important characteristic for an on-air host. 

Regular Contributor

@PhillyGirl23 Yeah and the new replacements are sorrowful.  Example:  Stacy Staufer was on Q2 today.  She is delightful...intelligent, pesonable and the seemingly all important nice looking.  Look at the bunch they replaced her with along with the current new hires.  I cringe when they host a show.  They are usually awful.
qve

Highlighted
Super Contributor

UH OH! If a man said that same thing about female hosts, it would be  h....l to pay & rightly so!  I like the QVC guys.

Honored Contributor

I remember her, she's beautiful.  She'll be a good addition.  

Frequent Contributor

They don't need a new host,, so someone will be losing airtime obviously.

Wonder which host QVC will be demoting?

Honored Contributor

Maybe there will be some retirements coming along, and they are replenishing!!!

She is lovely with a beautiful family. Looking forward to seeing her!

Trusted Contributor

@FishandSnail Katrina Szish is leaving I think the end of April. 

Respected Contributor

@SharkE wrote:

wish they would get rid of older men and get in some new males.

whose the older men? 

Respected Contributor

@JONNYSBRO wrote:

I would hope that Julia Cesrley mentors her as she brings such a zest and love for life in hosting at QVC. I think Stacey would totally benefit from her mentorship.

Sorry, This Lady looks like she has class!!!