Honored Contributor

@Moonchilde. I think my objection to the "positive" LR threads is that they are not comments, suggestions like those concerning current hosts. It's more like a cultish fan club for a former host who is now selling things on FB. I said somewhere on here before, take it to her FB page...praise her, bash, whatever, but IMO posts about a former host continuously started, re-started and containing info on what products are currently available on her site is not appropriate on a QVC forum. 

Honored Contributor

@Shanus, I agree - but since the positive threads are allowed by QVC to stand, it seems only fair - if that can be applied to the situation (I doubt it) to be able to discuss a somewhat different POV, i.e. both sides of the coin. If the former weren't permitted, I suspect the latter would fall away of its own accord.

From the time LR left QVC until about 9 months ago there were practically NO LR threads. Then they started up - AFTER she had been gone over a year. I question the Why - and I don't believe the reasons are entirely innocent. But as long as those threads are allowed, all POV should be allowed, IMO.

Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Honored Contributor

@Moonchilde  Maybe the long interval before hearing about LR was due to a non-compete clause when she left. Guess I'll skip over posts pertaining to her....pro or con. Just don't care.

Honored Contributor

Re: A Little Lisa News

[ Edited ]

Personally, my interest in Lisa and her 'new adventure' has waned considerably. I liked her on QVC so I was curious to see where she'd go and what she'd do when she left. I now know and am not particularly interested. I am not a member of her tribe and rarely visit her FB page anymore, now that it's focus is sell-sell-sell. I might have been interested in seeing her Christmas decor but even that took a back seat to marketing, as is her right.

As for posts about Lisa here, I don't have a problem with them, given that we all elect the threads we visit. If we don't want to be subjected to them, we need not be. If we derive some sort of entertainment value out of visiting them and commenting, either positively or negatively, have at it... Moreover, these boards are fraught with discussions of other hosts, hosts on other networks and 'personalities' of all types. They are also filled with discussions of non-QVC merchandise, so again, that Lisa and her 'company' command a presence here isn't a big deal for me...

I don't think QVC is going to deep-six all Lisa threads because I believe she mentions some QVC vendors on her FB page and occasionally notes when they have a TSV or will be appearing... It's free advertising for them.

It would seem that Lisa's seemingly once thick skin has either eroded or that she's otherwise become somewhat snarky, perhaps even a bit arrogant, in her responses to apparent criticism. While this is something she might get away with where her tribe is concerned, if not kept in check, one would surmise it will ultimately turn off customers who aren't necessarily part of her fan base... She took a lot of heat while at QVC and clearly couldn't respond in anyway, so perhaps she now feels it's her due. That's up to her, but customers want to be able to say what works for them and what doesn't and any retailer, including this one... and Lisa... really ought to listen to feedback that is more reasoned and less emotional.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@stevieb wrote:

Personally, my interest in Lisa and her 'new adventure' has waned considerably. I liked her on QVC so I was curious to see where she'd go and what she'd do when she left. I now know and am not particularly interested. I am not a member of her tribe and rarely visit her FB page anymore, now that it's focus is sell-sell-sell. I might have been interested in seeing her Christmas decor but even that took a back seat to marketing, as is her right.

As for posts about Lisa here, I don't have a problem with them, given that we all elect the threads we visit. If we don't want to be subjected to them, we need not be. If we derive some sort of entertainment value out of visiting them and commenting, either positively or negatively, have at it... Moreover, these boards are fraught with discussions of other hosts, hosts on other networks and 'personalities' of all types. They are also filled with discussions of non-QVC merchandise, so again, that Lisa and her 'company' command a presence here isn't a big deal for me...

I don't think QVC is going to deep-six all Lisa threads because I believe she mentions some QVC vendors on her FB page and occasionally notes when they have a TSV or will be appearing... It's free advertising for them.

It would seem that Lisa's seemingly once thick skin has either eroded or that she's otherwise become somewhat snarky, perhaps even a bit arrogant, in her responses to apparent criticism. While this is something she might get away with where her tribe is concerned, if not kept in check, one would surmise it will ultimately turn off customers who aren't necessarily part of her fan base... She took a lot of heat while at QVC and clearly couldn't respond in anyway, so perhaps she now feels it's her due. That's up to her, but customers want to be able to say what works for them and what doesn't and any retailer, including this one... and Lisa... really ought to listen to feedback that is more reasoned and less emotional.

@stevieb....I agree with your post.

I am a member of Lisa's tribe, though not obsessed nor do I visit her FB or shopping site but maybe once a week. 

I have purchased a couple of her Christmas items and enjoyed them so much this past holiday season.  I have not ordered any jewelry because I have too much now and do not need anymore for anywhere, not even the Q or HSN.  That said, I do think Lisa's prices are much more than I am willing to pay, but that is what "shopping around" is for, no matter if on-line or in B&M stores.  I do not like the fact there is no
"reviews" listed on her shopping site.  I understand that there are comments on her FB page, mostly pro, but I like to read reviews.  I guess maybe the reason she doesn't have a review section is that once an item sells out, it very rarely is re-ordered. 

But, I like Lisa, I wish her well as any other business person and I hope she continues to succeed.  Right now, I think she is, but one has to keep at it and hope customers are satisfied. 

In regards to that photo, yes, it was not one of her most flattering ones.  I also noticed what a few others posters stated about her back teeth.....I think she should watch smiling so broadly because it does show missing teeth in the back and only gum.  I was surprised at this, even though Lisa is very pretty, she always seemed to delight in her teeth when presenting whitening toothpaste on the Q.  I had no idea she was missing teeth, oh well....we all can not be perfect.  I do have mine in the back, minus my wisdom teeth, lol.

I did not see the particular comment on her FB page, only reading it here, but I don't think it is that rude.  She just stated that it was an "interesting choice of contribution"? ...nothing rude about that.   There have been some awful posts there, just as here, and I think it reflects more on the poster than Lisa herself.  JMO and you are entitled to yours. 

Esteemed Contributor

@Smoky wrote:

You know I can't help but LOVE MY @Suziepeach....but you do realize she is sooooooooo bad, lol. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Totally agree that Lisa should "watch smiling so broadly", but not because of possible missing teeth. Those who go to modeling schools and enter beauty pageants are instructed NOT to do a big, full-on smile. The main reason? Google "gummy smile." Especially when one has a generally larger than average mouth/lips/smile. She would have been taught not to do what she inadvertently does - emphasize the size. But Lisa has clearly decided to opt out of the traditional professional advice on the subject.

Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Honored Contributor

@shell garden wrote:

@Smoky wrote:

You know I can't help but LOVE MY @Suziepeach....but you do realize she is sooooooooo bad, lol. 

@shell garden, I learned from the best, YOU, LOL

Go VOLS
Rocky Top you'll always be home sweet home to me.. Good ole Rocky Top, Rocky Top Tennessee... Rocky Top Tennessee
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Sheilaray

I realize your venting and frustrated because LR won't listen to her customers.....

Some hosts are very gracious in replying to feedback and suggestions and some even say they will pass the feedback on or they even implement changes .....Some people are just more sensitive to social media than others.. Lisa's page, her rules.....and yes ignoring customer feedback can how shall I say.....bite her in the rear end in terms of the number of sales......much like watching and buying less from QVC because they ignore the same suggestions that are posted over and over again.......same for Q's FB and website pages....it shouldnt surprise you same culture.....our hope is that declining sales revenue will someday wake them up....but they are slow to learn it seems....

Well that comment was a lot better than the snarky remark you should've read that Jennifer wrote on her FB page when all a friend asked was if QVC could show some short sleeve and sleeveless clothes in the spring and summer for us that live in the warm climates.....and it was a bit amusing that later Jennifer went back and deleted it (but my friend and I noticed her snarky and rude comment---too late Jennifer......LOL!!!)

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Esteemed Contributor

@Smoky wrote:

@shell garden wrote:

@Smoky wrote:

@shell garden, I learned from the best, YOU, LOL

@Suziepeach....."Affectionately noted", lol.