Valued Contributor

Lisa is selling a new cross today. One poster critiqued it saying it "looks beautiful" but that she did not like the "points" (meaning the pointy end caps on the cross).

Lisa's response: "An interesting choice of contribution."

I find this exceedingly rude and unprofessional. Has she learned nothing from her years on QVC? Can you imagine if a host said this live while on air to a customer? Lisa has been in the business long enough to know how to deal with customers.  If Lisa cannot take any criticism whatsoever,  she is in the wrong business.

Honored Contributor

I wonder why you aren't posting this on Lisa's FB page.  Posting here doesn't make much sense, the conversation didn't happen here.

Frequent Contributor

How do you know it was Lisa who replied.Could of been someone who works for her.

QVC Customer Care

This post has been removed by QVC because it is unkind

Trusted Contributor

@SheilarayI have a feeling that it may not even have been Lisa who replied.  She has people working or her now and it is likely one of them is posting in her place.

Honored Contributor

@Sheilaray wrote:

Lisa is selling a new cross today. One poster critiqued it saying it "looks beautiful" but that she did not like the "points" (meaning the pointy end caps on the cross).

Lisa's response: "An interesting choice of contribution."

I find this exceedingly rude and unprofessional. Has she learned nothing from her years on QVC? Can you imagine if a host said this live while on air to a customer? Lisa has been in the business long enough to know how to deal with customers.  If Lisa cannot take any criticism whatsoever,  she is in the wrong business.

Like many (Lisa would be far from the first, just read these forums!), she has come to assume that *any PERCEIVED criticism* is bogus, deliberate, and by "haterz", lol. There is a danger in that - turning innocent commentary and honest critique/opinion into something it's not.

It seems to be a tactic Lisa has embraced and intends to embrace more firmly going forward. But down the road apiece, she'll have to live  with the consequences of turning current customers and potential customers so "off" that she loses them permanently. I think it's being very short-sighted in the flush of perceived "sell-out success."

Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Trusted Contributor

Lisa has left the building.

☀️...And I think to myself what a Wenderful world.☀️
Honored Contributor

LMAO really? You think "an interesting choice of contribution" is exeedingly rude to the point of starting a thread about it on the QVC forums. 

um ok. 

But claiming that she's in the wrong business isn't rude, right? LOL 

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval
Valued Contributor

Re: A Little Lisa News

[ Edited ]

Perhaps it wasn't Lisa (although I highly doubt it), however, she should then train her customer service better. I am not bitter. I am extremely intrigued by her business model as someone who owned a retail business and has worked in customer service for years and years. She is her own worst enemy at this point. From someone who came from the background she has, with the experience she has,  this sort of thing is inexcusable. There are many other more customer friendly ways she could handle constuctive criticism such as this.

Honored Contributor

@NJgirl 1205 wrote:

@SheilarayI have a feeling that it may not even have been Lisa who replied.  She has people working or her now and it is likely one of them is posting in her place.

And Lisa is ever-aware of every syllable they post. She has shown that she's extremely controlling as far as who and what appears on her FB page. There is no way anything is posted without her knowledge and approval. 

JMO, but there has been a change over the past month towards sharper/ruder, and I think those responses are actually Lisa, for the simple reason that Katie, her assistant, would be too media-savvy to respond that bluntly. That sort of response shows "temper" that an assistant wouldn't feel. 

Life without Mexican food is no life at all