Regular Contributor

Re: A GARDEN PARTY! THE GREAT OUTDOORS, FLOWERS, AND MUSIC, MUSIC, MUSIC!

To me it seems the hosts are "yacking more and more and more" and less of the models are shown. They move a lot less too.. Just stand there and basically pose! I need to see them walk back n forth and turn.. Let me see the fabric move.

Someone posted on another thread about (paraphrasing here) Jane saying she would never buy any clothing without trying it on first. (yet they want us to buy the clothing) Sometimes I don't think they even hear the words they are saying.

This morning Rachel said... We got them back just in time for now! HUH? Ok what is now? Fashion Day.. surely you jest!

Albany says Issac's moc's are great but not enough support, so buy the vionic inserts and you can have best of both worlds. What gives there? Are you hoping the Issac shoes fans will help increase your items sold in your show?

Sometimes I feel like I am in a "peanuts/charlie brown" zone.. turn on QVC and all I hear is blah blah blah blah blah!

Honored Contributor

On 3/6/2015 lynnsy said:

To me it seems the hosts are "yacking more and more and more" and less of the models are shown. They move a lot less too.. Just stand there and basically pose! I need to see them walk back n forth and turn.. Let me see the fabric move.

Someone posted on another thread about (paraphrasing here) Jane saying she would never buy any clothing without trying it on first. (yet they want us to buy the clothing) Sometimes I don't think they even hear the words they are saying.

This morning Rachel said... We got them back just in time for now! HUH? Ok what is now? Fashion Day.. surely you jest!

Albany says Issac's moc's are great but not enough support, so buy the vionic inserts and you can have best of both worlds. What gives there? Are you hoping the Issac shoes fans will help increase your items sold in your show?

Sometimes I feel like I am in a "peanuts/charlie brown" zone.. turn on QVC and all I hear is blah blah blah blah blah!

They are yapping more and more and the presentations are endless, especially for the TSV's... They really have become the infomercial channel... And as for Jane's little faux pas, well that's rich. We're supposed to now pay two way shipping for the privilege of 'trying it on', it seems... As for Albany, well, consider the source, but yea, sounds like instead of trying to double sales and killing two birds with one stone, it's just as likely she'll end up robbing Peter to pay Paul... The whole mess just seems very out of control and try as they might to reinvigorate interest, at least where I'm concerned, it just isn't happening. It sort of begins to smell of desperation.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

On 3/6/2015 SPURT said:
On 3/6/2015 stevieb said:

Oh yea, I think I'll plug a fountain in outside and watch the water freeze before it even hits the ground... and when I get bored with that, I can watch Bose blow out the candle... And by the by, that bobble head looks nothing like Dara Lynn, who, as I recall, is a bit more, uh, chunky... but hey, who cares, another bowl of suds, and another Philosophy vendor with the name 'Lyn'... must be something in the bubbles... It goes without saying there'll be no Q on around casa de moi this weekend, just as is becoming the norm almost every day... Maybe the Q could induce Mr. Mackie to bring clips from the show. They probably wouldn't sell much, but it would at least be entertaining.

Hey Stevie....I just don't know how QVC does it{#emotions_dlg.thumbdown} (and this is said with the utmost SARCASM) But I'm glad you found a way to work all those products into what looks like will be just another "fun" weekend....sorry you won't be watching nor participating........

Since Mr. Mike views the Q as an "entertainment" channel, perhaps he would consider showing those clips from Carol Burnett.....and the hosts can dress like the characters from the various skits when they pause the clips for a Q commercial.....Now who should be get to wear the curtain dress?......

To wrap up the other thread....I was shocked to see the price of the Tig bag at Stein Mart....I thought perhaps it was a faux leather since the price was so different....but nope the bag was the real thing.....Just like the bags you found at the Maxx, the same thing yet QVC had doubled the price!!!! {#emotions_dlg.glare} And then a pair of hoops that I purchased at the Q, the clasp broke....I found a replacement in silver again half the price...

And as you so eloquently stated, the discontent seems to grow and grow (does this company want to stay in n business{#emotions_dlg.confused1}.)...doesn't look like it......And customers have now figured out their smoke and mirrors new and not so improved shipping.

As far as the financials I sneaked a peak and revenue increased only 1% for the last quarter of 2014,.And increased only 2% for the full year of 2014.But their international revenue decreased 7%

Their U.S. revenue increased 5% for 4th quarter 2014 and 4% for 2014---and that was Christmas season, (and 9% increase in units sold) and of course they put all the big ticket items out there, their average price per purchase is now over $61 {#emotions_dlg.glare}....and most hilarious is that electronics continue to decline yet QVC continues to show them ad nauseum. And I think a lot of those sales were last minute probably drive by customers......But one thing I still wonder about the financial report is since QVC is lumped together with their 38% in HSN as far as separate Liberty entity QVCA, so do these financials also reflect a portion of HSN's financials too?..

HSN had a 14% increase for their 4th quarter 2014, units shipped increased 11%, and prices increased 2%. And for the full year 2014 net sales increased 7%. For Hsn sales grew in all divisions except jewelry, and grew significantly in electronics, home design, and culinary.

But I'm waiting for Shop HQ's report of their last quarter which should be out March 18, 2015 to get a true comparison....But QVC is losing money overseas---Germany for one and Japan.....and just read one of the financial rags and Europe's unemployment is 11%...good luck with your expansion Mr. Mike! {#emotions_dlg.glare} Oh well he still has Italy and China...and when will the Q get old for those markets as better retailers move into the Q's territory....

Yep I am anxious to see the first quarter for 2015.....

Interesting stuff, Spurt, especially on the financials... So it seems even the Christmas season didn't give them that much of a boost and recalling the dreadful holiday season programming and offerings, why am I not surprised... Can't wait to see what the post-Lisa numbers look like, because I'm guessing they won't be pretty... Frankly, the whole operation just begins to look increasingly like they're thrashing around trying to regain their footing and it isn't working out as well as they'd hoped... I can honestly say I almost never watch anymore. I order occasionally, usually based on things that have been around that I knew I wanted... more or less items longstanding from my wishlist and, well, to play on an overused phrase, when they're gone, I'm gone... I suppose there will be the VERY occasional NEW item to order, but chances are I won't see it on-air, since I'm not watching and, well, the stagnation just continues to be rampant... New sets and shuffling hosts and programming around coupled with a few new (and still repetitive) lines are not the stuff dreams are made of...

I was sort of shocked at the Tig bag thing... I've had to call CS a couple of times lately and during one of my calls, mentioned the Tig bags were being returned and why... I was very nice, not being snarky, as the bag issue wasn't really the reason for my call... I had a lovely and helpful CS rep. and when I mentioned this little pricing comparison, without missing a beat she gave me the company line... told me what the Q the V and the C stood for and advised me that while they aren't always they cheapest, they are the best... I decided to let it go... The same bag for half price, so how are they the best? But really, CS doesn't set the prices and they don't set policy, so there was nothing to be gained by arguing the point...

Yes, Mister Mike's version of 'entertainment' must differ greatly from mine, as must his definition of the 'best'...

{#emotions_dlg.w00t}

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

What's happening at the Q reminds me somewhat of what happened to J.C. Penney a few years ago. New management, decisions that were ill-advised (everyday pricing with no sales or promotions, less selection), and shoppers abandoning ship in droves. The result was predictable. After a couple of years, management was replaced again, and so was the original business model. The same scenario could very well play out at the Q.
~~Be careful when you follow the masses. Sometimes the 'm' is silent.~~
Regular Contributor

Since they will be promoting the great outdoors, why not just take that Boise demonstration outside and point that tube tunnel thingy at the snow... hey if can blow out a candle, maybe it can melt the snow! {#emotions_dlg.w00t}

Valued Contributor

Bose products are probably THE most boring thing they sell Zzzzzz and since I only have a tiny patio, gardening isn't my thing. The financials are interesting. If I were to buy a computer off the TV (I never would), I would buy from HSN as they are consistently cheaper for the same product. As it is, Spring Training just started, the weather is gorgeous and the crowds won't start until next week so I am going to enjoy some baseball this wknd. March in Phoenix is just about heaven on Earth :-). Thx for your entertaining posts - love the pics and the writing is clever. You are one talented gal!
Esteemed Contributor

I like the photos with the cats and gardens. If the cats in the photos are like cats I had, they would eat the flowers. The temperatures are suppose to be in the 50's and near 60 next week, so I'm ready to see gardening.

Is BOSE really worth the high price? I see commercials on TV about it, and wonder if it's better than other music systems. I don't think I could afford BOSE, anyway, just wondering.

It seems that QVC International isn't doing so well. No one can afford to buy from QVC with high unemployment rates.

"The more I learn about people, the more I like my dog."

Mark Twain
Honored Contributor

On 3/6/2015 lynnsy said:

Hey LYNNSY---OMG!!!!! Between the loooooooooooooooooooong presentations (I once glanced at the clock when a Hot Pick presentation on makeup started and I couldn't believe it I think it took up half of AM Style and it wasn't even the TSV)......And then oh those LAME LAME comments the hosts are now making....I think they are running out of things to say!!!!

Oh my---if Issacs shoes don't have enough support then what does that say about his product...I don't care how cute they might be if they are uncomfortable I ain't buying em! {#emotions_dlg.glare} And I shouldn't have to buy inner soles to make them comfortable....I will just buy a NON-QVC brand that is stylish and also has COMFORT built in!

So if Jane never buys anything without trying it on why the heck is she a sales person for a SHOPPING CHANNEL!!!!!....unless TPTB have urged the host to push the 30 day return policy so QVC can stock up and take advantage of the original shipping that will NOT be returned!

And yes you have an EXCELLENT idea.....take the Bose outside and have it melt the snow....I think it would make the demo far more interesting...

Your right Lynnsy ---BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH suits QVC....{#emotions_dlg.glare}

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

On 3/6/2015 handygal said: What's happening at the Q reminds me somewhat of what happened to J.C. Penney a few years ago. New management, decisions that were ill-advised (everyday pricing with no sales or promotions, less selection), and shoppers abandoning ship in droves. The result was predictable. After a couple of years, management was replaced again, and so was the original business model. The same scenario could very well play out at the Q.

We can only hope Q wises up before it's too late.

Honored Contributor

Q who? I forgot. I haven't watched since the January gold day.

Well, it's supposed to be in the mid 40s here today and 60 in a few more days so I plan to take my dog, Cooper, for lots of walks. I won't have to put a hat on my dog like Dan did.

{#emotions_dlg.biggrin}