Honored Contributor

Re: A GARDEN PARTY! THE GREAT OUTDOORS, FLOWERS, AND MUSIC, MUSIC, MUSIC!

On 3/12/2015 katiescarlett said:

Chiming in here regarding the Tig bag at TJ Maxx, I bought a nice dark red leather satchel Tig bag at TJMaxx three years ago, and I am sadly having to throw it out. Not because the leather did not hold up, it is because of the qwap plastic handles and trim. They split, cracked and peeled exposing the inner core. So now it looks terrible. The red leather looks as good as the day I bought it, and I am hard on bags. I wish they would put all leather on the handles and trim - I would gladly pay more. It is like being willing to pay more to have stainless steel buckles, etc. on saddles and girths because they don't rust!

And stevie, you are correct, the presentations of one item, e.g. the TSV in particular, are getting longer and longer, just like the southern channel. I have seen presentations last a half hour on one item on QVC!

Hey KS....yep, that has been a big complaint with the Tig Bags....the bag is leather but the handles are plastic and don't hold up ...... I think that quality issue started when Tig was bought out by BMack and then BMack sold his company to some company in China....

I have been lucky that my Tig handles have held up and those are my favorites that I use every day......

And it's not just the TSV's that have long presentations .....nope, the Hot Picks or even some items that seem to be chosen at random their presentations also go on and on for an eternity...So the host will brag we have a big 3 hour show, but actually show much less merchandise...or so it seems.{#emotions_dlg.rolleyes}

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

On 3/12/2015 stevieb said:

Spurt, Spurt, Spurt... maybe you should buy tickets to the ball game... Going to the ball park is a whole different experience than watching baseball on TV... It really is fun... Baseball isn't fast moving like basketball or like football can be (you know, between commercial time outs...) but there is excitement and it's a nice way to spend an afternoon or evening... Admittedly, it does often (but not always) lose something in the translation when watching on TV.

Wink

Stevie....a friend of mine wanted to go to a concert in Dallas....it was someone her DH was not overly fond of....so he agreed with one condition, that while they were there that they would go to a baseball game, so she agreed.....And she brought a book and read during the entire game {#emotions_dlg.laugh}{#emotions_dlg.laugh}....that would be me!!!! It might be better in person than on TV, but just not for me......Wink. I am so surprised my DS hasn't mentioned it because she loves baseball....and she even likes the junk food...{#emotions_dlg.laugh}

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

Hey Spurt, some ball parks have really good food... Even the junk food can be pretty good at a few of them!

In my pantry with my cupcakes...