Honored Contributor

I still remember my 8-digit customer number!!

Respected Contributor

I as most of you, recall calling in those numbers. When Q went automated so one did not have to talk to a representative it was so much faster. Customer Service was more helpful  and apologetic at attempting to help solve problems,  as my experience, compared to now.

My ex husband used to tie up the phone line when he was on the computer and used to get so annoyed with me when I wanted to call in an order. I would have to wait. It seemed things sold out quickly. Sometimes and I stayed up just to see the TSV. In those days it was special. I have shopped here over 30 years!

@BalletBabe Thankyou for posting!

Esteemed Contributor

Yes, and I still have my original cardboard QVC membership card in a desk drawer.  For old time's sake, I guess.  I had those stickers stuck on a couple phones.  My membership card was Scotch-taped to my desk.   Ordering from a TV show was so danged exciting back then!  I watched to see if they called my number - they never did and I never won a prize.  If I was at home, QVC was on the TV.   We had 2 phone lines back then:  one for the computer, one for phone calls.

Things have changed.......

* A woman is like a tea bag. You can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. *
- Eleanor Roosevelt
Regular Contributor

Those were the days for sure.

I enjoyed QVC so much and purchased many wonderful items.

Would not move into my current home unless the cable company offered QVC.

Stayed up 24 hours to watch the all day gem shows, silver shows and gold shows.

Always took March 1st off from work for the silver show.

When Christmas Eve came and it went of the air live I felt lost and was so excited the day after Christmas when it came back on at 8:00 a.m. with sales galore.

Today I love reading the forums, checking out the value of the day on line, hardly ever buy and never watch.

So thankful we were able to enjoy QVC back when.

Esteemed Contributor

I can't pinpoint the time when online became a thing.  Did we just ease into it?

Esteemed Contributor

@Gorgf wrote:

I as most of you, recall calling in those numbers. When Q went automated so one did not have to talk to a representative it was so much faster. Customer Service was more helpful  and apologetic at attempting to help solve problems,  as my experience, compared to now.

My ex husband used to tie up the phone line when he was on the computer and used to get so annoyed with me when I wanted to call in an order. I would have to wait. It seemed things sold out quickly. Sometimes and I stayed up just to see the TSV. In those days it was special. I have shopped here over 30 years!

@BalletBabe Thankyou for posting!

@Gor   I never call CS anymore.  I write directly to the socialteam here on the boards.  They have ALWAYS gone above and beyond to help me.  Write to them if you have issues.  Supply your order number and your information and they answer very fast.  I can't say enough about them.  I have never gotten a bad CS rep even when I called but I haven't called in ages.  

Esteemed Contributor

@tototwo wrote:

Yes, and I still have my original cardboard QVC membership card in a desk drawer.  For old time's sake, I guess.  I had those stickers stuck on a couple phones.  My membership card was Scotch-taped to my desk.   Ordering from a TV show was so danged exciting back then!  I watched to see if they called my number - they never did and I never won a prize.  If I was at home, QVC was on the TV.   We had 2 phone lines back then:  one for the computer, one for phone calls.

Things have changed.......

@tototwo   I started with HSN.  That was before QVC.  Talk about being addicted?  I named my Parakeet Tootie after the horn that they blew.  HAHAHAHAHAHAHA  I could get one channel on one TV and they had a second channel that I could get on in another room.  I would have both on at the same time.  My son came home and said Mom you have a problem one day.  LOLOLOLOL.