Esteemed Contributor

You get what you pay for so to speak.  There are no chemical additives or fillers in AL vitamins.  The factory where they are made is completely run on solar power.  He is an advocate for health and the environment.  What's not to love?  Dyes and fillers are added to most vitamins sold in pharmacies, most of them are a tablet hard as a rock.  Do you think it's acutally dissolving totally in your body and you're actually getting 100% benefit????

Nope.

Honored Contributor

Not every purchase any of make would pass the best value test.  

Whether you pay more for a tub of ice cream, a ticket to a sporting event, vitamines or a can of beans, somebody will be happy to shame you over it because it's not what they would spend money on.

I am shocked what anybody would spend to buy a ticket to a NFL or NBA game, yet people line up to do it.  It's just what each of us value and decide that you need/want/can afford. 

Respected Contributor

Re: $87 For Vitamins!

[ Edited ]

I used to think AL vitamins were overpriced, and yes, maybe they are.  However, I found that I noticed *RESULTS* when I took his as opposed to drugstore brands.  When I purchase his specials, it's a big chunk of money up front, but I remind myself that it's usually a year's supply. 

If you get results and don't have stomach problems ingesting the drugstore rocks, good for you, you are lucky.  However, if you have to be careful with stomach issues, AL is the way to go. 

That said, I do not purchase the 8Greens product, or any gummy vitamins.

Honored Contributor

Re: $87 For Vitamins!

[ Edited ]

I am not buying but I don't find it ridiculous OR insulting.

Why would a high end product insult me?  I think you get the quality you pay for a lot of the time.

Just because something is cheap doesn't make it 'just' as good.

QVC will sell what they perceive buyers will want and spend for.

Where is the insult in that?  Just business for heaven's sake!

Respected Contributor

I used to be a big AL fan, but I'm realizing more and more that these vitamins are useless.  Taking a specific vitamin, like D, makes sense, but beyond all that it's just a way to waste your money.  I find it pretty amazing that most doctors tell us this, but we continue to fall for it. 

Esteemed Contributor

@sashamatthews wrote:

I am strictly an Andrew Lessman customer.  I buy from HSN when the products are "on special."  There is a tremendous saving when purchasing in that way.  I think they are the best on the market.

@sashamatthews I agree, and it's a small price to pay for your health!

Respected Contributor

@MomCat wrote:

I used to be a big AL fan, but I'm realizing more and more that these vitamins are useless.  Taking a specific vitamin, like D, makes sense, but beyond all that it's just a way to waste your money.  I find it pretty amazing that most doctors tell us this, but we continue to fall for it. 

@MomCat I totally disagree with your statement.  I'm shocked that you even wrote that. I see and feel a huge difference with Andrew Lessman vitamins. I will never stop taking them. 

Honored Contributor

Each to his own. I think the supplement business is based on hope, not facts. We take only what our doctor states is helpful for us. And what few we take are not what I would consider overpriced.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Honored Contributor

@santorini wrote:

@MomCat wrote:

@MomCat I totally disagree with your statement.  I'm shocked that you even wrote that. I see and feel a huge difference with Andrew Lessman vitamins. I will never stop taking them. 

Shocking? She just stated her opinion. Don't take it so personally, @santorini 

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Honored Contributor

I've had doctors tell me where vitamins are concerned, you get what you pay for and you can judge the quality by the price.  I am not a Lessman fan and get mine at Walmart.  His prices and the volume of stuff he says you can't live without are riduculous.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment