Honored Contributor

Do your own research.

Very few doctor's know anything about supplements. They don't teach them that in school. They are taught to prescribe Big Pharma drugs. 

You also get what you pay for.

Valued Contributor

I TAKE B12  5000 UNITS GET MINE AT CVS BUY ONE GET ONE  ALL QVC PRICES ARE OVER BOARD

Valued Contributor

All I can say I have not been sick one day in 50 years and I live in the frigid northeast by taking CVS vitamins. They serve the purpose and are just fine

Respected Contributor

@suzyQ3 wrote:

@santorini wrote:

@MomCat wrote:

I used to be a big AL fan, but I'm realizing more and more that these vitamins are useless.  Taking a specific vitamin, like D, makes sense, but beyond all that it's just a way to waste your money.  I find it pretty amazing that most doctors tell us this, but we continue to fall for it. 

@MomCat I totally disagree with your statement.  I'm shocked that you even wrote that. I see and feel a huge difference with Andrew Lessman vitamins. I will never stop taking them. 

Shocking? She just stated her opinion. Don't take it so personally, @santorini 

And again, to the one who follows me around and critiques my words, just as you said that she was entitled to state HER opinion, I am entitled to state MINE, without lectures from you.  

Esteemed Contributor

@Kachina624  I have to disagree with your statement.  I watch him constantly when he's on and I have been taking his vitamins for years.  That said, I have never once witnessed him say that statement regarding "vitamins you can't live without"........Actually he states the opposite, that he's not pushing his products on anyone but even if you don't buy please listen and enjoy his explanantions regarding nutrition and what the body needs and doesn't produce well on it's own, especially with ageing.   I realize they are not for everyone and yes they are pricey, but again as someone else stated  you usually get a years supply.......I also appreciate that for every bottle of multivitamins he sells he donates a bottle of prenatal vitamins all over the world.   HSN always offers free shipping and easy pay too on his line.

Honored Contributor

@santorini wrote:

@suzyQ3 wrote:

@santorini wrote:

@MomCat wrote:

I used to be a big AL fan, but I'm realizing more and more that these vitamins are useless.  Taking a specific vitamin, like D, makes sense, but beyond all that it's just a way to waste your money.  I find it pretty amazing that most doctors tell us this, but we continue to fall for it. 

@MomCat I totally disagree with your statement.  I'm shocked that you even wrote that. I see and feel a huge difference with Andrew Lessman vitamins. I will never stop taking them. 

Shocking? She just stated her opinion. Don't take it so personally, @santorini 

And again, to the one who follows me around and critiques my words, just as you said that she was entitled to state HER opinion, I am entitled to state MINE, without lectures from you.  

I respond to posts. And I will continue that policy. Feel free to ignore me, @santorini 

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Honored Contributor

@LindaSal. You sound like a real fan.  It nice that you enjoy AL presentations but frankly, he bores me to death.  I could never sit and listen to an hour (or more) of nutritional supplement talk.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Super Contributor

I think some of these vitamins do sit in warehouses for a long period of time and they have the longest expirations dates. You do get what you pay for and some of us need to read what is in these vitamins before we buy. I liked Natures Code and they complained about the price of those vitamins when they were sold on the Q just like AL vitamins which he did start selling on the Q first. For one thing his vitamins are made in his own factory here in the US and not in China.

Honored Contributor

I get great deals from Puritans Pride, Swanson and Vitacost, and often I find higher potencies than Lessman for a fraction of the cost. 

Honored Contributor

What is even being discussed here?  Are we talking about AL vitamins or are we talking about the 8 Greens?  Vitamins in general?  I'm at a total loss.

If you are talking about the 8 Greens that was the recent TSV, I certainly would want to see some research that indicates these have any benefit to you at all in this form. 

I recently began taking a few supplements for gut health.  What I take is from Love Wellness.  I only take 2 supplements and I take 2 supplements for recurring UTI. 

Other than that, my doctor does bloodwork on me yearly and as long as it's good, I don't take anything else.

I'm not going to tax my liver taking all the supplements some of these companies, like AL, think I should be taking.