Honored Contributor

i often wonder if people go into clothing stores to shop and complain to a sales person when they see items they think are overpriced, then come back a week later to do the same thing in the same store?

so many choices as to where we choose to spend our money. some of us DO shop with QVC.....full price AND when the items get marked down.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Esteemed Contributor

Re: $85.00 cotton blouse

[ Edited ]

Is this the blouse?

1. A644404

Dennis Basso Chambray Tunic with Eyelet Embroidery

Previously recorded videos may contain expired pricing, exclusivity claims, or promotional offers.
Dennis Basso Chambray Tunic with Eyelet Embroidery
On-Air Presentation
See It in Action
Dennis Basso Chambray Tunic with Eyelet EmbroideryDennis Basso Chambray Tunic with Eyelet Embroidery, 1 of 5Dennis Basso Chambray Tunic with Eyelet Embroidery, 2 of 5Dennis Basso Chambray Tunic with Eyelet Embroidery, 3 of 5Dennis Basso Chambray Tunic with Eyelet Embroidery, 4 of 5Dennis Basso Chambray Tunic with Eyelet Embroidery, 5 of 5
See It On

$83.00

Respected Contributor

I've paid that much and more at Nordstrom and Dillard's. Well made clothes aren't cheap.

Honored Contributor

@sunshine45 That is an excellent point.  There are many prices points in the stores and here on QVC.  I received a Sundance catalog and most of the blouses are over $85 and the shipping starts @ 13.95 for clothing.  I think Q does a great job offering a variety.  

Respected Contributor

looks great on Jayne!

qjbcotton.jpg

~~who/what is responsible for your joy? YOU!~~
Trusted Contributor
Are you sure this is the correct blouse? OP stated $85
Honored Contributor

I only buy natural fabrics....never poly, so sometimes I pay a premium price for my clothing.

If you spend $85 for a blouse and wear it often for a few years, the cost per wear is pretty low.

If you are in the habit of buying cheap clothing that doesn't last beyond one season or donate your clothing every year, you might have wasted your money. 

I have clothing that is 20-30 years old.  I have a 100% wool coat that cost me $600 thirty-nine years ago.  I wore it for years.  Now, my daughter is wearing it.  It still looks new.  It was a bargain.

In the long run, it was less expensive than the $30 coat I wore two times.

Is $85 too much for a blouse?  Well, it depends.  If you wear it for three years it only cost $28 a year.  You can do that or buy a discount blouse for $30 that only lasts a year.

Everyone is different and what works for some doesn't work for all.

Now, if you can get something on clearence...well, go for it.

Trusted Contributor
If it is the blouse it does look nice on Jayne. I’d rather spend that much money on my favorite brands Barefoot Dreams, NYDJ, and Vince Camuto at the Q. 🤗🤗🤗

Honored Contributor

@Icegoddess wrote:

Kudos to Dennis for making something for the Q that doesn't stretch to fit.  

@Icegoddess 

Good point. 😉

Trusted Contributor
@Carmie I agree you definitely get what you pay for. I had bought a few pieces from CCB that were not quality and went back to the Q. Her famous dip dye 3/4 sleeve Tshirt that was a TSV then got reduced drastically was one. I bought it as a TSV and did not fall for the super low price they ended up selling it for months later. BUT some of her higher priced blouses were excellent quality. I chose to invest in them instead. Even Amy Stran for Studio Park had good quality clothing that I bought many pieces of. Amy matches my style perfectly! 🤗🤗🤗