Respected Contributor

Looking at Joan Rivers' items and saw a denim shirt- $77 plus S&H?

Thanks, I'll stick to Lands' End and Old Navy!

Honored Contributor

That price is average for a high quality denim shirt.

There will be many variances that drive that price.

Super Contributor

While that is too high for me as well, I do think we are going to have to rethink what a normal price is now that inflation is skyrocketing. I will look at a website like Kohl's and remember when most items I liked were in the $30 range, now they are $40+.

Respected Contributor

Prices may continue to vary a great deal. in addition to the quality of the fabric and the construction of the garment, sourcing of raw materials is increasingly becoming an area of concern. Some of China's cotton is the result of forced labor, and companies are backing away from its use. That means cotton harvested under these conditions and then processed by manufacturers into inexpensive clothing is being rejected at both the wholesale and retail level.

Respected Contributor

I'll tell you.  If that shirt was made in the USA, I might be tempted.

Valued Contributor

Re: $80 for a denim shirt?

[ Edited ]

@ellaphant wrote:

Looking at Joan Rivers' items and saw a denim shirt- $77 plus S&H?

Thanks, I'll stick to Lands' End and Old Navy!

I know! Just ridiculous, isn't it?!!

All clothing items on QVC are way overpriced, IMO, and not very well made, either. I won't be purchasing.

Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels here on earth to teach us to be better humans.
Honored Contributor

Prices always have 3 levels -  too high for my wallet, too low for my taste, and just right for today.

Honored Contributor

Re: $80 for a denim shirt?

[ Edited ]

Yeah, I saw that item, watched for about 10 seconds and thought "Are they kidding?"  To those who bought, enjoy!

Respected Contributor

@Cats3000 amen to that!ive been told some clothing from the company called blair,makes some clothing in the usa

Respected Contributor

The Side Stitch brand that QVC carries is the one with prices that astound me.  Then other posters tell me the fabric is just fabulous and it's proprietary (although some have disputed that bit of information), and the Side Stitch brand is worth the high prices.  I'll never know because I sure won't be purchasing their shirts for upwards of $150.