Respected Contributor

@maximillian wrote:

The Side Stitch brand that QVC carries is the one with prices that astound me.  Then other posters tell me the fabric is just fabulous and it's proprietary (although some have disputed that bit of information), and the Side Stitch brand is worth the high prices.  I'll never know because I sure won't be purchasing their shirts for upwards of $150. 

I am continually amazed at the nylon/poly tops by Barefoot Dreams that sell for $100!

And the prices for most of the At leisure items - many that are so thin you see through them when the host holds them up!

Honored Contributor

@Luvsmyfam wrote:

@Cats3000 amen to that!ive been told some clothing from the company called blair,makes some clothing in the usa

@Luvsmyfam 

I have seen Blair before.  They are ID'd as "fast fashion".  Materials and skill not high quality.

Honored Contributor

If I bought only what I need, price would look a whole lot different.  If we didn't buy new things every year and clothing was well made and lasted things would different.

And they would have a lot of "MADE IN THE USA" tags.

Honored Contributor

This is similar to the Barefoot Dreams thread because it assumes what people are willing or can afford to spend. My wallet/Visa card is not public. I purchase or not when and if I think the price of something is reasonable for ME. 

Frequent Contributor

Still can’t justify the high prices at qvc. I like to buy clothing on a regular basis and rotate my closet a lot during seasons etc.  I can buy just as cute a shirt at Kohl’s or even Walmart. Quality will last the same for me.  Qvc has to make money to stay on tv....pay designers, hosts etc.  Shipping and return fees add more obviously.  You don’t pay to try on in the store.  I will continue to search on this site and buy occasionally but only for good deals.

Respected Contributor
Everything isn’t for everyone.
Honored Contributor

@ECBG wrote:

@Luvsmyfam wrote:

@Cats3000 amen to that!ive been told some clothing from the company called blair,makes some clothing in the usa

@Luvsmyfam 

I have seen Blair before.  They are ID'd as "fast fashion".  Materials and skill not high quality.

I have several items from Blair.  IMO, the quality is equivalent to D&C and many of the styles are similar at prices significantly less than D&C.  The latest items I received were made in Vietnam.

Respected Contributor

I can't speak to the quality of JR, but Old Navy is throw-away clothing! 

Respected Contributor

I do think that is a little high for a denim shirt and would not purchase it.  However over the past few years I have decided that I would do with less clothing, shoes and handbags and instead just purchase a few higher quality items.  

In the past I've purchased so many items that just did not last.  I filled my closet with lots of things but wore or used only half of them.  I'm not a fashion bug and my lifestyle does not call for a very large wardrobe.  

A few months ago I purchased a blouse from the Martha Stewart line and I immediately noticed how much better it was constructed than many of the other blouses that I own.

I'm not one that would ever spend large amounts of money on any fashion item but having a few better items makes more sense for me.  

I donated a lot of my fashion items and just kept my closet down to a few select pieces that I know will last and not quickly go out of style.

Respected Contributor

I've gotten a couple of shirts from this line in the past, only when on sale. They seem to be the same, long tunic length, buttons down the back, slightly different necklines. I don't believe they have the quality I would expect for the cost. As another poster commented, I find Martha Stewart's clothing to be a lot more substantial at slightly lower cost. I wouldn't pay the prices for this line although I do like it much better than the plastic clothing from LOGO, Kim Gravel, and Susan Graver; at least they're cotton.