Honored Contributor

Re: $78 FOR TWO FRUIT PIES??

Good grief, nobody is being forced to buy a pie!  We had this pie discussion a couple if days ago and concluded there are plenty of good pies available elsewhere if the QVC price is out of reach for you, so what's the problem, especially if there are people willing to pay the Q price?  Just ignore it and move on.  They are obviously worth the price to some.  If I was that desperate for pie, I'd just go bake one.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Trusted Contributor

I have to admit I once bought 3 pies and spent almost $80 for them. I was in a bind , flying in  really late from out of state the night before Mother's Day. I was asked to bring pies for the following day. I ordered them online from a local restaurant famous for their pies, and picked them up the following morning. Plus, although I do bake a lot and have all the spices needed, for the life of me I can never make a good crust. BTW, the pies were the best we've ever had. With shipping, these pies would be comparable price wise, to what the Q offers. In a pinch, yep, I would buy them. 

Honored Contributor

bye bye miss american pie, drove my chevy to the levy but the levy was dry, them good old boys drinking whisky and rye...now that 'll be the day that I die.

Trusted Contributor

@Nonametoday wrote:

Yep, do it very often.  We don't eat them because of diabetes but lots of friends who love them and want me to make them for them.  No charge.  Just enjoy the giving.

Can I be on your friend list?  Oh, and my favorite is blueberry!   Or chocolate cream.  Or hey, lemon merigue would be fine, too!  😃

Respected Contributor

Costco Key Lime pie 4.25 pounds of deliciousness for 15.99.....

Trusted Contributor

Since these are frozen and you have to bake them yourself, you might as well buy a Marie Callender pie.  In fact, you could buy 5 Marie Callender pies for the price of one of these.

Trusted Contributor

@lgfan wrote:

@paixmcdao "I have all of those ingredients in my kitchen."

So I guess that you can go and bake a pie.Smiley Very Happy

I use those ingredients for baking other things. The only pies worth eating were baked by my mother, and she is gone now. This pie discussion brought back some happy memories though!

“The fear of becoming old is born of the recognition that one is not living now the life that one wishes. It is equivalent to a sense of abusing the present.” Susan Sontag
Trusted Contributor

Ridiculous!  It gave me a good laugh!

Esteemed Contributor

Yes these are pricy, but if you've been to a real bakery you would find their prices very high as well.  Grocery store frozen pies and Walmart pies are no comparison to bakery deserts.

Honored Contributor

It's a heck of a lot cheaper than taking people to a restaurant for pie.  A meal for two would cost that.