Valued Contributor

$7.72 To Ship a polyester vest?

Shipping has gone crazy at QVC.  I was going to buy a D&C vest until I noticed the shipping cost.  That is a no go for me. 

Respected Contributor

Re: $7.72 To Ship a polyester vest?

I ship my stores product every week.  A little over 2# package USPS across the state is nearly $12. 

In a way I'm defending the Q but I know quantity speaks volume discounts.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@saltysails wrote:

Shipping has gone crazy at QVC.  I was going to buy a D&C vest until I noticed the shipping cost.  That is a no go for me. 

@saltysails  That doesn't sound right.   Shipping is not in uneven numbers.   Post under "customer care"  and ask the mods to check it.  Could easily be a mistake. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

The charge for shipping a 4 oz. bottle of hair treatment oil to AK.

is $10.22, a no go for me either.  So sick of paying such high fees for shipping.  Many times, even if it states free shipping, they charge a fee to ship here as well.  Just unfair.

Valued Contributor

It is A286804.

Trusted Contributor

I find it amusing when people complain about shipping because these people rarely ship items themselves.  It is not cheap.

Yes, places like QVC doe get reduced rates because of volume, but they also have to pay for packaging, pay for the labor costs (and benefits) of those employees who package the items, and pay for insurance (plus also build in a buffer to pay for returns of damaged items).

Sorry, folks, shipping is never free.  Stop buying into that fallacy.

Super Contributor

It sounds more than fair to me.  I shipped a tie to my father and included a gift card.  That was it, and it cost $10.75 to ship from San Diego to Orlando at Christmas.  The cost of the vest, (much larger item) sounds like a bargain.

Valued Contributor

How can it be fair when QVC's shipping on velour tops in the same D&C line ship for $3.00. 

Esteemed Contributor

Didn't the Q tell us S&H would be $3.00 for most items? Shouldn't they inform us they're raising S&H?

Trusted Contributor

HMM. I pay to ship returns to QVC because it is cheaper than the fee they charge me if I use their paid sticker..  I get minimal insurance and a receipt from the PO for this price.  I bundle clothing and light items in a saved QVC bag to keep weight down.  A box weighs more so of course it costs more.  I never return first class postage.  The return gets to QVC faster than my package got to me.  PO all the way.